1979 210 black dash and dash pad

80datson

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

any 210 dash in that nice of condition would be a rare find

thank you sir. the dash pad itself is still original no signs of any cracks its still soft. who ever had it took care of it. they kept a dash cover and seems like its never seen any sunlight at all. same goes for the dash itsself no cracks at all nothing broken off. so this is rare then? i got real luckkyyy! :D im just wondering if the black ones are rare?

thank you sir. the dash pad itself is still original no signs of any cracks its still soft. who ever had it took care of it. they kept a dash cover and seems like its never seen any sunlight at all. same goes for the dash itsself no cracks at all nothing broken off. so this is rare then? i got real luckkyyy! :D im just wondering if the black ones are rare?

that IS a VERY nice dash. i'm envious. the pad is still shiny and pliable looking. and its got both a rich black and a rich wood grain color not faded at all it seems.

that IS a VERY nice dash. i'm envious. the pad is still shiny and pliable looking. and its got both a rich black and a rich wood grain color not faded at all it seems.

thanks! well the wood grain which is pretty much a sticker almost looks very brittle thats the only bad part. im sure like most they are like that

what would be the other options? blue, tan? ive seen post-79 dashes that arent black, but never one like yours.

I've been getting real lucky on parts I also have the all brown dash. But this black one takes the cake

The only concern is that wood grain since ifs a sticker pretty much its startjnf to get crispy but not fadded any suggestions on what I should do?

you could probably make another sticker, cut it all out. Then when you get it right take the sticky back off... and poof new "wood grain"

car stickers

I'm wondering about recovering the top pad... re-fab or just re-upholster?

are you talking about your pad or the one i have pic? cause mine is still the original pad. and if yr talkin bout yrs i would say just re upolster

I have the very same dash as you 80 but mine came with the black int from factory. Mine is alot like yours, no cracks, save for the woodgrain sticker flaking and the ahold OP cut out the place where the radio wnet and left a nice gapping hole! :angry: I'm thinking of doing either a metal cut out or get a sheet vinly in a wood grain pattern and replacing it. I've been told by Datsunfreak (John), that the woodgrain from factory was rare.

Here is what my black one looks like......

102_8329.JPG

102_8843.JPG

the Dash is pretty nice.... just one crack in it on the passenger side. These pictures are from when I was still doing all the body work

so everything is super dirty, but you get the idea.

ebay sells those glue-on, over dash, pieces that cover up any and all flaws and look like the original cover. I worked with a guy who got one for his

240Z and it looked pretty nice.

Kind of off topic, but I was wondering if anyone has ever seen, has pictures of, or knows where I could find a factory tach for the 79? I have been looking for years and haven't ever seen one. I currently just use a small aftermarket one, but have always thought it would be cool to have the factory one.