Project SloTrk

(This is copied over from the other forum ive been on, but as of yesterday, i was able to get the front down a bit too, about 2.5" to be exact. Might go a little lower but not much. )

and finally i have started the lowering. I re packed the leafs with the overload on top, and used 2" blocks and the rear is now 4" lower on the nuts (without the bed on). Before i measured the top of the tire relative to the frame which was exactly 2" higher than the tire, now the tire it exactly 2" taller than the frame thus 4" drop... now i gotta get at the tortions and throw the bed on to see how it actually sits...

BEFORE

9Nov11_06.jpg

AFTER

100_1384.jpg

And one more for good measure

100_1388.jpg

HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION \/ \/nana2.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lookin good, dig that color! Keep up the good work!

Thanks! Im really happy with how this color has turned out!

gotta get some Pinto shocks for the front then for the rear

Then time to get ready to graft some 4x4 fenders into the bed for the wide body effect! also need to replace the drivers side wheel tub in the bed and some bed floor this winter, then spray the bed this spring when it warms up again here. aside from the metal work, ill be going through the drivetrain and replacing as many wear items as i can to eleminate any potential failure points. Things like the clutch, brakes, brake lines, vacume lines, u joints, and stuff like that.

Ill be painting the different wheel color options and test fitting them soon, so ill be asking for opinions on that too, im really not sure what way to go there??????? options are; black, body color (not usually my prefference), silver, or a combo of black and body color...

• 3 weeks later...

Well, its been a while since i updated my build thread here... So, here goes.

First, I put the bed back on so i could drive it around for a while before the roads are too crappy (snow and ice) since the tires i have on there SUCK in the snow. As it turns out, the first weekend i took it out, it started to snow on me.

Then I got the front end put back together with the stock bumper, grill, headlights and market lights. I still need to order my pathfinder headlights and clear marker lights and a new set of tails. but with christmas comming up, Ill have to wait till after the holidays for more funding.

I had a parts delivery last week. My Nissan belt mouldings, those little clip thingy's that hold in the cowl vents, and two rubber stoppers that go on the doors (the old ones broke off when i removed them for paint work). I dont have any pics with them on yet, but not really much to show... but now my weather striping on the outside is complete and looks new

Then last thursday i decided to browse my local Craig's List.... low an behold I found a set of wheels for $60! I couldn't resist, so i picked them up. They are off of a Toyota Tacoma. once i got em home... i had to test fit to see how the offset looked

This is how she sits now.

100_1444.jpg

100_1448.jpg

And a pic of my $60 set of wheels

tacoma16x7.jpg

and the fitment....

11dec11_01.jpg

11dec11_02.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Got Some rubber yesterday, and also ordered a couple extra pieces... more on that when they arrive! In the process of gathering materials and getting ready to start my Interior (winter) project. Now that the holidays are over, I should be able to start making some more progress.

100_1526.jpg

Oh, and i got my Nissan Quest shocks installed in the rear too!

100_1456.jpg

Got my tires mounted on the toyota tacoma wheels today. biggrin.gif

Wheels are 16x7.5 Tires are 205/50/16 Kumho AST's

Its dark, so the pics arent great, but i had to take a couple shots...

I also took a couple to show that they will tuck just barely.... with stock lip, or easily with a rolled lip on the rear fender.

What do you guys think? A bit of an improvement over the stock 14's

100_1535.jpg

100_1527.jpg

100_1530.jpg

Just enough to clear for those who want to know if they will tuck, which i might some day.

100_1531.jpg

Clean paint job mang!

I've been trying to get my bumper off but I don't have a garage at the moment to cut off the bolts that are rusted, and can't get in there with a wrench or breaker. But it's butt ugly and about 70lbs I'd like to get rid of. Every bit makes a difference.

Did you drive it with no bed on? That's something I've been thinking about. Talk about serious weight reduction.

Clean paint job mang!

I've been trying to get my bumper off but I don't have a garage at the moment to cut off the bolts that are rusted, and can't get in there with a wrench or breaker. But it's butt ugly and about 70lbs I'd like to get rid of. Every bit makes a difference.

Did you drive it with no bed on? That's something I've been thinking about. Talk about serious weight reduction.

Thanks, I plan on doing metal work and preping the bed for paint later this winter, hopefully i can finish the paint on the bed this spring.

as for the bed, Yeah i drove it without the bed, but only to the car wash to get the dirt off the frame. Tires sure spun freely.... LOL. Those rusty bolts can be a pain in the ass. the only real way to do it is to take the bed off, then you can get some real leverage.

+1 for the pain color too. Looks good .. Noticed the Grassroots Sticker on the fridge too you hang out there much?

BBC

Im not on GrassRoots forums much, logged in a while back, but spend too much time on too many other forums.

I actually ran a in the Chumpcar World Series the last two years, which is where the Grassroots Sticker came from (actually several of them)...

OK, I took a bunch of photos today....

So, My buddy came over with the V700's we will use for Auto-x that were on his Z car, but have been collecting dust in his garage. Decided to mount them on the Yota Rims to see how they fit (and looked) on the truck. So we went to the shop and mounted two of them up....

First, I took a couple with the 205's in the daylight.

205_50_16_beautyshot_02.jpg

205_50_16_rearprofile.jpg

Then we put the wide ass V700's on.... thumbsup.gif

Heres a shot from the Rear! Should be able to hook up with these????

7Jan12_butshot_01_REV.jpg

245_45_16_rearview.jpg

after looking at this shot, ive decided i really need to get all my underbody parts painted when i pull the bed back off for metal/rust removal and repair.

245_45_16_rearview_01.jpg

245_45_16_frontfender_03.jpg

The difference looking from the side is subtle, the tires bulge a bit on the rim, but overall.... they fit pretty well. They are about flush with the bedside/fender in the rear and have plenty of clearance on the front with the 4x4 fenders.

245_45_16_frontfender_02.jpg

And finally, a shot from the ground with both tire set ups.

First with the 205's

205_50_16_beautyshot.jpg

Then with the 245's

245_45_16-1.jpg

More Progress!!!!

First - Lately ive been planning my interior and sound system that will be going in my HB. I was looking for material to re-do my headliner. a while ago i picked up the headliner out of a 96 HB, so ill be re-covering it. at first i thought i would use black headliner material, basically stock look only black. Then started looking at suede.... I went to the local textile store and found this!

100_1599.jpg

I just need to finish scraping all that foam of the old headliner and ill re-cover it with the suede.

Then - I took some time to get my seats fitted.

100_1588.jpg

100_1595.jpg

I dont have a pic of the mount modification finished.... but you get the idea.

How they sit now.

100_1593.jpg

100_1607.jpg

Then last night I took some measurements to see how much room I had to work with.

I looked at a console I had sitting on the shelf in my garage that has been waiting for a home. So, i decided to see if

I could get this console to fit. I picked this up a few years ago, originally it was going to go in my el camino, but decided not to go that route.

after initial measurements, it seemed like it would fit with some modification. So.... I cut off the huge front portion of the console and dropped it in. What do you know???? it fit, actually quite well.

Ill be custom building the front half and grafting it with this half. Ill make a custom shift boot and run the console all the way up to the bottom of the stock dash. Ill be building it to bolt up to the factory dash support where there is just a piece of trim now.

Ill also be modifying the spot that is currently set up for CD's and change to be more useful.... I wont be storing CD's there thats for sure....

100_1618.jpg

On the rear, there is plenty of clearance for the box im designing too! MORE ON THIS LATER....

nana2.gif

100_1619.jpg

This will save me a F*{:content:}amp; load of time building a full custom console from scratch! and looks like its factor equip which is exactly what im going for. When finished, i want it to look clean and stock in appearance, but still custom to the trained eye.

• Started my Sub enclosure this weekend and dropped it in for a test fit. Still alot of work to do on it, but its moving in the right direction. It fits! making a cardboard mock up was definitely worth it.

I temporarily attached the face for the test fit and have not put the top on yet...

Box_01.jpg

Box_05.jpg

Box_04.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Ive made some progress lately.

First, I took out my new router (Christmas present) and went to work on my sub/amp enclosure.

Heres where i left off on that the other night.

100_1633.jpg

100_1635.jpg

Then yesterday, this arrived in the mail...

Pre-finished CF pannels (i got two of them)

100_1639.jpg

also got my sample pieces of faux carbonfiber.. This has a matte finish. I just found it in a gloss finish tonight. I will probably order some in gloss and use it on some of my interior parts.

100_1637.jpg

And last but not least.... I got my headliner re-covered.

100_1650.jpg

Since i had some Suede left, i figured id do my pillar trim too.

BTW... This is the adhesive ive been using. Seeems to be working out well. its a two surface adheesive (you have to spray it on both surffaces and let it tack up).

100_1652.jpg

Heres how that turned out.

Top left is the before... bottom left is the after using some of the vinyl i picked up a while back. since these are extra parts i figure i would give it a shot.

100_1660.jpg

Vinyl up close...

100_1661.jpg

and a little closer shot of the pillars, i really like the way this suede looks.

100_1662.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Fantastic work. You are skilled, Sir. You are presenting a lot of good ideas. If I weren't working on an offroad rig, I'd probably follow in your footsteps with my 720. I may have to try my hand at body repair. I always need practice with a welder, and am always looking for an excuse. Also, are you running a slot port in your sub box, or is it going to be sealed? I'm just asking because in one of the photos I noticed the top wasn't enclosed, and thought maybe you were going to turn it into a slot port.

• 8 months later...