L16 Rebuild

Mista510

Well ive had my 510 for going on about a month now and finally ruled out an engine swap for the moment (tight budget and all) so I ve beside togo ahead and rebuild the L16 sitting in the bay. What I would like to do is use the conponents that would bump that whooping 96 rated hp up a notch or two. I would like a list and/or links of aftermarket pistons and cams that I can use. I also considered doing the dual carbs conversion. Any ideas would help. So far ive only order the OEM complete gasket kit and water pump for it. Thanx

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An stock L20B will cost about the same to rebuild and make as much power as a dual carb L16 and way more torque. Stick the L16 valve cover on and no-one will know. Find a re-buildable L20B and do it in your spare time. The L20B is 25% larger and being an L series will fit where the L16 was.

• 2 weeks later...

So anyone got any idea where I can buy pistons and a cam for this engine? Comp Cam? JE Pistons? Anyone know if pistons and cams from places like these will fit the L16?

Silvolite

try rockauto.com

L16 piston cast ones ar are cheap for a set. I dont know why you want to spend alot of money on a L16 with JE Pistons .

Key is what if your pistons are still good.? How much over bore you want to go?

Just rering it and put it together yourself at first so you get a idea how a motor goes together. Find a cheap L20 later.