Wanted: linkage for Hitachi/SU 510 SSS carbs

As the title says, I need a linkage from my gas pedal to the carbs.

The previous owner of my 710 installed a Weber carb, and in the process they modified the throttle to be operated by a cable instead of a linkage. The gas pedal is still original, and there is still a bracket and pivot on the firewall, but the rest of the linkage is gone.

Get in touch if you have a spare linkage!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 610 linkage will work as well...and take a look at the underhood shots under my "Air Cleaners" build thread. I had to move the stock bracket over one hole and re-drill for mounting. This helped align my SUs with the linkage. Save yourself the trouble of not getting full pedal for wide open throttle and grab the Heim joints and linkage bits from any early 90s Mercedes Benz with the TBI-looking intake.

Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to grab those M-B parts the next time I make a trip to a yard.

Datsun parts are very hard to find on the east coast, but I'm pretty sure I can at least find the Mercedes parts locally. Last time I went to a yard in New York, the only Datsun was an early-80's Z that looked like was pulled out of the ocean.

A 610 linkage will work as well...and take a look at the underhood shots under my "Air Cleaners" build thread. I had to move the stock bracket over one hole and re-drill for mounting. This helped align my SUs with the linkage. Save yourself the trouble of not getting full pedal for wide open throttle and grab the Heim joints and linkage bits from any early 90s Mercedes Benz with the TBI-looking intake.

[...] The gas pedal is still original, and there is still a bracket and pivot on the firewall, but the rest of the linkage is gone.

Wait, wait, wait...could you get a picture of what you have right now...?

You need the J-hook part of the linkage...right?

I'm not sure exactly what I need - it's pretty hard to find a good picture of a throttle linkage!

I'll take a picture tomorrow morning when it's not too dark outside.

I'm not sure exactly what I need - it's pretty hard to find a good picture of a throttle linkage!

I'll take a picture tomorrow morning when it's not too dark outside.

Will,

I have a Weber on my car with the stock linkage, I can take a photo of it if you need to see what you are missing. I also have a lot of spare 510 throttle linkage parts.

Please let me know if I can help.

Here are some pictures of what I have currently:

Throttle cable hooked up to the gas pedal:

IMG_7676.jpg

IMG_7674.jpg

Throttle cable coming out of the firewall, and an original bracket with a rotating piece of linkage remaining:

IMG_7679.jpg

IMG_7680.jpg

Hey Abe! Want to trade parts for this Violet badge? It would fit your grille! I bought a 710 part manual from ebay, and the seller included it in the auction.

IMG_7684.jpg

Oh... and if anyone has a fusible link setup (top) or one of these big green electrical connectors (bottom) it would help my ongoing efforts to get my car's electrical system back in order.

IMG_7685.jpg

Here are some photo's of the stock linkage, most of some stuff looks like it is 710 or maybe 610 only.

6223457953_6da48b2ec9_z.jpg

6223458441_530f6fbd78_z.jpg

6223458999_1e82c25d93_z.jpg

By the way it looks like your car started life as an automatic, and yes I would gladly trade parts if I can come up with anything you need. I cant see by your photo is there any other linkage parts left on the firewall ?

Ha! In addition to my missing linkage, I see that my car has another problem: It's filthy! (by comparison, at least.)

My car was originally automatic - it came with the window sticker and a whole mess of paperwork from the first little-old-lady owner. I think that the automatic/manual swap was one of the reasons for the electrical problems. Some relays were added because of the neutral start relay from the automatic. ...and then one of the wires fried and left me stranded near some wildfires in California. Luckily the car didn't go up in flames!

That little bracket with the pivoting piece is all that is left of the linkage - are 510 parts much different?

Here are some photo's of the stock linkage, most of some stuff looks like it is 710 or maybe 610 only.

By the way it looks like your car started life as an automatic, and yes I would gladly trade parts if I can come up with anything you need. I cant see by your photo is there any other linkage parts left on the firewall ?

I did a little searching, and it looks like the linkage on a 280Z/ZX might be closer than the linkage from a 510. Maybe I'll need to frankenstein something together?

You can use the parts from a 610. They are identical to Abe's photos.

Here is a shot from under the hood of mine. Abe's are more direct, but you get the point...

100_1825.jpg

The tricky part will be to find a 610 or 710 donor... Datsuns are pretty rare out here!

Z-cars are usually the only Datsuns that I see when I go to junkyards in the area.

Will I have a 77 710 parts car and have all the linkage parts for it on it right now. Say the word and they are yours for the shipping cost. Probably have the electrical plug too if you show me where it located I can get oics of it.

mike

The good thing about the 710 linkage is that it's adjustable lengthwise for carb or SUs...

6223457953_6da48b2ec9_z.jpg

The 510 linkage is not...

6224123253_ed86583346_z.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.