New "hands on" Datsun Group

"Hands on" Datsun meets  

16 members have voted

1. 1. regardless of location, would you be interested in something like this?

• Yes, I would like to be part of a group like this!
    • No, I prefer to work on my Datsun alone.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill sign up but im moving before the end of the month (atleast thats the plan) if im still here id be happy to show up with my little beat up 510 and meet you and whoever else shows.

We have members who aren't exactly able to bring there cars, they still want to hang and lend a hand though. we'll take who we can get as long as there committed to the cause.

I was just saying since your the only one in your area your gonna have to make a real nice example out of your truck to represent for the lack of datsuns there.

I have seen a couple of trucks around here, but its extremely rare to see them. One's a 720 and one's a 620. But like I said, it's rare to see them. I've only seen the 720 maybe twice in the past 6 or 7 years and maybe a couple times more for the 620.

I like it, are you tearing it down for any specific reason?

Thanks, I love my truck.

Lets see, I have the drivers side side panel off because I opened the door one day and the door caught the edge of the side panel and bent it pretty bad. I have the hood off because I wanted to start painting the truck but after painting it with rattle can paint, it looked horrible. So I stripped the paint off (again) and now it's just sitting in a shed until I can figure out how to at least seal it for now so it doesn't rust. I have the carb off because I noticed I had gas leaking right onto a nice hot intake mani. I have the trans out because I'm in the proccess of rebuilding it. I have the exhaust mani out because I broke a stud taking the nut off so I could take the trans out. AND to top it all off, I have a crankshaft coming soon so I'll be tearing the lower half of the motor down to swap that out. blink.gif

I'll be down, I was actualy looking for some help to get my disc brakes done. my car is nonrunning so ill be bussing it up there if it isnt to hard to get to :)

Well we would be glad to have you: Join up and we will work out how to get you to the meeting. it's right near the airport.

http://www.meetup.com/hands-on-datsun/

Ok so I got a question, are we only working on 1 car one meeting?

or can i throw mine on a trailer and bring it over?

I actualy have to instal new hardlines for the disc set up.

I believe it will be one car per meeting.. the meet will be at that persons house to which we will be workin on the datsun...

I believe it will be one car per meeting.. the meet will be at that persons house to which we will be workin on the datsun...

Would I have to wait until next month Nov 30 to set something up?

Can I set something up the folowing weekend?

Oct 31 I should be getting all of the parts to do the complete Disc brake swap.

Would I have to wait until next month Nov 30 to set something up?

Can I set something up the folowing weekend?

Oct 31 I should be getting all of the parts to do the complete Disc brake swap.

Hey all, 1 car per weekend. a different members house or car every sunday. if you don't have a good garage then you can bring it to mine for the work. so on the 30th we will see who paid dues and decide who is next.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had another thought:

even for people who are not local to greater san diego, you could still snatch up the idea and run with it in your area. If this gets enough support i may even cover the fees to make this an official meetup group. that way even in different locations we could all still share experiences with how the group is running in other locations.

Sharks with lasers you know?

HandsonDatsun.jpg

that would be an awesome idea, but sadly ive only met two other ratsunners in Nc... one got banned, and i bought his 620... the other is about 5 hours away.....

plus i havent seen any other datsuns anywhere around my area lol

But I will keep you informed if i find some people

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...