710 as seen at JCCS.

Abe Froman

551154_456453767710116_308522091_n_zps8abc5f14.jpg406224_457219087633584_520902419_n_zps34fe04aa.jpg

Here are some pic's that a local photographer took. This is with Enkei Apache V's before I got the enkei Comp 8 wheels.

Very nice car.Congratulations. Like your bumper work. I was looking at my budies Mustang ( 65 I believe ). and those bumpers,the rear one specifically might fit well in the back, because it has upper running ends. Check that out.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This car is perfect ! Allthat needs is the finishing touch color matching for the front end. Other than that, very nice indeed.

Thanks, I got the front fender's a week before the show. I managed to get them straightened out and got them sealed and on the car. It was a crazy week painting and fitting everything.

I am surprise no one has comented on the front end conversion.

• Like 1

Im one of those sick bastards that like the usdm fenders and valance more, but only if yiu take the bumpers off. Something about the smiley bumpers never appealed to me, better than the pb ones for shure. But ive allways felt that there should be another way to go.

Did you have to modify anything to get the panels to fit on your car? I'll be using the same panels and grille as you, but keeping my US bumpers - I'll probably need to modify the valence and raise the bumper up an inch or two to get everything to match up.

I am surprise no one has comented on the front end conversion.

Very nice car.Congratulations. Like your bumper work. I was looking at my budies Mustang ( 65 I believe ). and those bumpers,the rear one specifically might fit well in the back, because it has upper running ends. Check that out.

Actually I saw a Ford Maverick while driving back from Rosemond's Race Track.The rear bumper on those cars look taylor made for the rear of a 710. Perhaps needs some narrowing ( easy done by splitting in have and removing a section ) but it would look nice Check itout.

Did you have to modify anything to get the panels to fit on your car? I'll be using the same panels and grille as you, but keeping my US bumpers - I'll probably need to modify the valence and raise the bumper up an inch or two to get everything to match up.

Will,

It is a bolt on there are a couple little hardware and wiring difference's, also the plastic inner fender well's need a little work to fit do to the wheelwell's being a little higher arc. I think you wanting to run the stock bumper will just need you to ditch the shock's and make a custon set of bumper brackets, once you do that you are going to have to see if you have enough room tolies notch the stock bumper for thr blinker assemblies.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

The wheel cutout is higher on the non-US fenders? Is it enough to make fitting aftermarket wheels easier?

There is kind of a funny story behind the front wheel well's, before I put the front end on the car I had been lookind at it and was unhappy with the stance. I thought that the front need to be lowered some , I finely got around to ajusting the coil overs down a notceable amount and then realigned the frontend and was pretty happy with it after talking about it for almost a year. I did all this a week before my fenders showed up out of Japan.

I then installed my new fender's a couple of days later and to my disappointment the car does not look as low as it did days before , do to the slightly taller arches. Now dont get me wrong I really love the way the front end look's but it just made me laugh.

It all makes sense - the US suspension is taller than the 160J/140J suspension, so Datsun lowered the wheel arches for the 710 fenders so the car would look a little less gangly. Kinda like on the old AMC Eagle, where they added plastic fender flares to lower the wheel arches and make them look less like jacked-up Concords.

There is kind of a funny story behind the front wheel well's, before I put the front end on the car I had been lookind at it and was unhappy with the stance. I thought that the front need to be lowered some , I finely got around to ajusting the coil overs down a notceable amount and then realigned the frontend and was pretty happy with it after talking about it for almost a year. I did all this a week before my fenders showed up out of Japan.

I then installed my new fender's a couple of days later and to my disappointment the car does not look as low as it did days before , do to the slightly taller arches. Now dont get me wrong I really love the way the front end look's but it just made me laugh.