76 B210 bumper delete

josh_t

well the front bumper has been off my car for a while and i took the back one off last night. i want to know what i can do to make it looke better where the bumpers used to be. something creative to fill the big holes, maybe? i plan on masking the sheet metal off and painting the exposed frame parts black to make them less noticeable. i did this on the front already and it looks a lot better. pics later today.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys are picture nazi's.

the first one is as it was when i pulled the bumper. then i cleaned the rust stains from the bumper cover mounts and painted the frame, and i straightened a little bit of the metal under the right hole.

i think i might just do that. it would be too easy to get a section of sheet metal and get it that same shape. and the lip at the edge wouldnt be very hard to do. i can get a tool for it for pretty cheap out of my aircooled vw parts catalog. and at some point i will want AUDM or JDM bumpers if i decide it doesnt quite look right. what would have to happen then?

If you decide to stay bumperless a 620 tailgate would make a nice filler panel/roll pan. The curve seems about right for a roll pan and with the stamped letters you would be "representin". I have my eye on a couple of B210 hatches and plan to do it to mine when I get one.

No matter what you do it looks better than our crappy American spec bumpers. NHTSA and the feds can bite my sack when it comes to the 5mph bumpers.

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

If you decide to stay bumperless a 620 tailgate would make a nice filler panel/roll pan. The curve seems about right for a roll pan and with the stamped letters you would be "representin". I have my eye on a couple of B210 hatches and plan to do it to mine when I get one.

No matter what you do it looks better than our crappy American spec bumpers. NHTSA and the feds can bite my sack when it comes to the 5mph bumpers.

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

true that. those bumpers look terrible. do they even care anymore about them being on there?

Hang some sweet exhaust tips out of the holes. Then post your progress here.

that would look almost as bad as the bumpers. put dual upswept tips on each side. haha.

Shit man. Id take that car (unless you have the skills) to a shop, have them cut out a piece to fill that whole back tail panel. From the lip just below the lights, to the bottom of the body. Then weld it in, smooth it out. You could do it easy, with some of that thin cardboard slip stuff. Take your time, cut it out right, get some thin steel / trace cut, weld on, done... Weekend project.

if i had a welder i would get to practicing and then when i felt proficient at welding and grinding the welds good enough, i would do that. but our welder is just a box at the moment. i can plug it in and turn it on but i cant do anything with it. no leads no helmet no rods. lol.

I saw this thread before, but didn't relize we where neighbor's! I have a 77 B210 hatch, and i left the rear bumper on. I took it off off but couldn't leave it. On the sedan it's not as bad at all. i have been dreaming of JDM bumpers since i bought the car. Hitch may be on the right track, we should all get together and play around with his idea.

• 4 weeks later...