7/8 master cylinder rebuild kit

datsundan

Does anyone know the best/cheapest place to get a mc rebuild kit for a tokico 7/8 tandem mc? Also on wilwoods website they sell rebuild kits for a decent price. Would one of those work in the tokico? They also sell a brand new 1" tandem mc that looks near identical to the factory one and so does the mounting bolt setup. Anyone ever use wilwoods 1" master cylinder on their datsun (preferably 510, )?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Y' know looking for cheap oil or cheap carb re-build kits is fine but this is your braking system here. The single biggest safety device on your Datsun and only it between you and all the other idiots out there on the road. The lowest price should not be the first consideration. Think the guy in China on the assembly line cares about you?

The Nissan kits are about $60 but you can probably do better and still have some quality.

If you have the stock disc and drum brakes on your car going to a 1" is not a good idea. Increasing the piston size will raise the effort needed to get the same braking force. A larger master will be harder to push down and the peddle will be rock hard.

Y' know looking for cheap oil or cheap carb re-build kits is fine but this is your braking system here. The single biggest safety device on your Datsun and only it between you and all the other idiots out there on the road. The lowest price should not be the first consideration. Think the guy in China on the assembly line cares about you?

The Nissan kits are about $60 but you can probably do better and still have some quality.

If you have the stock disc and drum brakes on your car going to a 1" is not a good idea. Increasing the piston size will raise the effort needed to get the same braking force. A larger master will be harder to push down and the peddle will be rock hard.

Have to agree... Even more so if your 510 is SR powered, you spend all that cash on the engine but cheap out on the most important thing ever, if you wana run a wilwood master I'd just at least upgrade the front disc and go with a proportioning valve to keep the drums from locking.

I don't want cheap as in quality. I know better than to go that route when it comes to brakes. I just want something of quality that's not gonna cost me an arm and a leg. As for my brake setup, I have 280zx front brakes and the rear are the 200sx/maxima brakes. So discs all around. so anyone know of a good place for a rebuild kit. I need one asap

A smaller diameter master decreases the effort needed but also decreases the amount of fluid moved. Those larger calipers will need a lot of fluid to move them. The peddle will sink lower to the floor and feel very mushy.

• 2 weeks later...