Heater control dash bezel question

Wondering if someone can answer question about the heater dash bezel for a 510.

I have a '72 two door 510. The heater wasn't assembled in the car when I got it and it came with several dash bezels. One style has the heater control markings on the left and on the right has a light indication. Other type has the heater control on the left, but the right is blank with just the hole opening.

What switch goes in the right side and what does it control?

thanks

Ryan

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That switch is for the Map Light that goes behind the little white plastic piece right above the radio. This was an option only and only a few came with them. The option was later dropped and the blank pieces where made.

You can just stick a spare switch there to fill the hole or find a map light if you really want one. For the record, they really don't work well. :mellow:

That switch is for the Map Light that goes behind the little white plastic piece right above the radio. This was an option only and only a few came with them. The option was later dropped and the blank pieces where made.

You can just stick a spare switch there to fill the hole or find a map light if you really want one. For the record, they really don't work well. :mellow:

cool, thanks for the info.

Correction! They always kept the light symbol even if you didn't get a switch. The blank ones come from the cars equipped with the seat belt warning light! 73's were a lighted bezel that looks different. In some countries they came with no heater so a complete blank plate bolts in.

Correction! They always kept the light symbol even if you didn't get a switch. The blank ones come from the cars equipped with the seat belt warning light! 73's were a lighted bezel that looks different. In some countries they came with no heater so a complete blank plate bolts in.

I have a mish mash of parts. The radio bezel has the light, but I also have the seat belt warning light. guess I just gotta choose based on what parts make a complete set.

thanks