Sr20 Questions

mosilva2782

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10k overall for me to do it it might be a little more or less depending on how we went about it

but here is some numbers

install kit about 900

engine about 1800

exhaust about 700-800

top mount manifold or log manifold about 250-500

drive shaft 200

fuel system 300-500

cooling 500-600

wiring 100-300 depending who does it

who is going to install it or labor ????

plus alll the other misc stuff that has to happen

it gets real pricey real fast and thats all for a stock engine sometimes you can do it for less but its a good idea to assume its going to be your bud jet plus 50 percent lol

If you were to build a SR20DET 10K is not that far off by the time you put everything together and have a shop do your work. If you are capable of doing the work yourself then the cost comes down somewhat.

First you need to make it stop so a brake upgrade is needed

2500 - 3500 for motor and trans.

Rad 350 - 1000

intercooler - 1000

crossmember 450 - 800

trans cross member 200.

Rear diff 350 - 800

rear diff crossmember R200 - 250

Intercooler piping, hoses, BOV, etc - 1000

fuel lines 250

fuel pump 350

AN fittings - this can get ugly you can have 1000 into fittings and hoses if you wanted to.

Water neck conversion 150

Gauges -

Boost controller

Intake filter

ECU -

wire the car and make it start 300 - 1000

The sky is the limit depending upon how and what you want to spend your money on. I would look at cars built buy the shops in your area and determine were you want to spend your money. There are allot of shops that can do the work and few that can do it well. If your car is going in for paint now you are in the going the wrong direction already. There is plenty of work to be done to the car before paint just to make it all work and look well though out.

The key to my comment is to spend your money once and do it right the first time.

If you do not have a motor yet look at Venus here in Sacramento and get them to do a leak down test on it to make sure it is good. The s13 motor is a good way to go due to aftermarket parts availability. s14 and s15 motors are a little more expensive and aftermarket parts are a little harder to locate. Buy your motor local if there is anything wrong with it you can talk to the importer. Another thing to look at is to make sure the motor is clean and has all the plugs clips etc. and most importantly change the oil pan if it is slightly dented it will cause a low oil pressure and kill your motor.

The Owner of Venus is in fact a great guy and has helped me out quite a few times. The other person you should talk to is Phil Lee of Speed of Sound who is right behind Venus he wired my car and talked me through many situations and things that I did not think of before I got to that point in my build. In retrospect he saved me thousands of dollars in mistakes that I was able to put into my car properly. Keep in mind he is a one man army / shop owner so calling may not be the best solution because he seldom answers his phone.

The Owner of Venus is in fact a great guy and has helped me out quite a few times. The other person you should talk to is Phil Lee of Speed of Sound who is right behind Venus he wired my car and talked me through many situations and things that I did not think of before I got to that point in my build. In retrospect he saved me thousands of dollars in mistakes that I was able to put into my car properly. Keep in mind he is a one man army / shop owner so calling may not be the best solution because he seldom answers his phone.

lo ive actually talked to philip too I was going to have him do my swap but i decided to go with driven authority instead