jnec510

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know on this one.

I know 521s can be funky also on the early years.

I have some 4 pin adapters but havent looked at them in awhile.

What does your 510 external volt reg connector look like?

Save these;

this one is EZ as the later alt use the same lay out on T connector

70-73

http://datsun510.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=124&title=alternator-wiring&cat=3001

68 early 69?

Here is a diagram of what you have but I dont understand it it has the wire colors as you say but then next to it it has the outline of the connector and different colors listed inside(G/W,G/R,R/L,G/B)

http://datsun510.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=790&title=1968-alternator-wiring&cat=3001

• 2 weeks later...

Jnec

You trying to install an IR alt?

I installed an IR alt on my 69 dime with that 4 pin connector. First i put up an ad for help, nobody did. So anyways, i just left that guy unplugged. Then i unplugged the voltage regulator and put it in my tool box :cool: After that, i made two short wires with spades on all four ends. Followed the external voltage regulator swap at the connector (instead of cutting and splicing the wires). Everything works as it should. I even ran a voltage regulator to the battery with it on/off and it reads like it should. You will need to pull out some wiring diagrams to figure out which two wires from that 4 plug to hook up to the alt for your dummy light on the dash. I am hoping to do this at some point myself, just not a priority for me at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh the pesky headlight issues. I remember those!

I ended up cleaning/reterminating everything for my headlights. Bought new pigtails for the headlights as well (they were cheap). The originals were crusty and such.

If you haven't tried it yet, give your fuse box a vinegar bath. You'll be surprised what vinegar bath's fix...