Wanted: 63' 320 front grille

hello everybody,

so i have emailed some resources and lost contact with others so i am throwing it out there that i would like to purchase a 1963 320 grille if you have one you can part with. i need it in acceptable condition and the better it is

will help too.

i am hoping for local (southern cali area) but

lets see about shipping and price and go from there.

if you have

one please post here or shoot me a pm. thanks. ;)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello everybody,

so i have emailed some resources and lost contact with others so i am throwing it out there that i would like to purchase a 1963 320 grille if you have one you can part with. i need it in acceptable condition and the better it is

will help too.

if you have

hey ratsun carnalito my bro has a 64 grill i believe. his e mail is p.retes3@yahoo.com. im sure he doesnt need it. He drives a 521.

Cool..that will work for me..... thanks for the heads up.

I am not sure you will be able to go back burrito, you might have to trim the hole to give the square turn indicator bucket the space it needs, once it is square, i am not sure you can go back. The 1965 grill uses the round holes same as the 63 grill. But the 64 grill looks better than the 63 IMO.

DSCN0444.jpg

I am not sure you will be able to go back burrito, you might have to trim the hole to give the square turn indicator bucket the space it needs, once it is square there is no going back. The 1965 grill uses the round holes same as the 63 grill. But the 64 grill looks better than the 63 IMO.

DSCN0444.jpg

Dude, overspray on the radiator and rotors? For shame~ for SHAME! :blink:

There's an early truck at Kelseyville (CA) Auto Dismantlers~ I'll be going by there in the next few days for parts (see my post tomorrow in the general forum) and I can check if you like....

Peace~

Scott

Hmm, that's a good point wayno.

Scott, thank you for the offer.

Let's put it like this, if anyone has a 63' or 65' grille I will use it on the truck. If its a 64' grille, I will still use it but take it to my work and use it to help make some badges I have been thinking about.

Either way, I am game for both but 63 and 65 would be preferable.

Thanks for the help so far everyone.

Dude, overspray on the radiator and rotors? For shame~ for SHAME! :blink:

There's an early truck at Kelseyville (CA) Auto Dismantlers~ I'll be going by there in the next few days for parts (see my post tomorrow in the general forum) and I can check if you like....

Peace~

Scott

Mike painted the calipers red before I bought the pickup, but the radiator, well the grill hides it, and if it had not, I would have sprayed it flat black after the painter finished, maybe the next time the grill is off, I will rattle can it flat black, I didn't do the painting, and I got a good enough deal to not complain about much.

Hmm, that's a good point wayno.

Scott, thank you for the offer.

Let's put it like this, if anyone has a 63' or 65' grille I will use it on the truck. If its a 64' grille, I will still use it but take it to my work and use it to help make some badges I have been thinking about.

Either way, I am game for both but 63 and 65 would be preferable.

Thanks for the help so far everyone.

I am not absolutely sure it won't work, but I think that the round hole needs to be trimed square/rectangular with two holes on the ends, I am pretty sure that the round lense buckets will not cover the mods if you went back to round unless you used a 65 grill, that would cover it. But it could be fiberglassed up and recut if you really had to go back to the 63 grill. I like the 64 grill a lot better than the 63, and you can buy new lenses from clauss for the 64 grill on ebay.

hey mate i have 1 sitting in my grandads shed in new Zealand i can ask him if he has still got it (might have thrown it out )

i dont know about shipping but it may be more expensive to ship if it is out of state. thank you for the offer though.

if you by chance run into NL320 tailight bezels then let me know too because that i would pay for shipping..... (if i could afford it) ;)

I do not know if it is still there, that grill was not in that good of shape, I'm sure that yours is better, as for some of the other parts, the good ones went on to ebay. "Datguy" is his ratsun user name, you could ask him what's left. I have a really strait 64 grill that I don't need, the problem with it is major rust, it's sad that such a strait grill is so rusted, I don't know if it is savable, only a plater could tell you. Here are photos of the grill.

DSCN0978.jpg

DSCN0976.jpg

DSCN0975.jpg

DSCN0974.jpg

DSCN0973.jpg

DSCN0972.jpg

DSCN0971.jpg

Here are photos of the inside of the grill, and I forgot to mention that the lower mount tabs had to be cut off, as I was unable to get the bolts/screws loose, so a couple pieces of metal would need to be welded on and drilled, if I were you I would keep looking for a better grill. How soon are you going to need this grill you are looking for, is it going to be next year?

DSCN0981.jpg

DSCN0980.jpg

DSCN0979.jpg

DSCN0982.jpg

Heck wayno, that's a nice camera......

You know, I a not in a big hurry. Just trying to get a respectable deal.

I am amazed with my camera myself, I took this photo of my 63 datsun 320 engine, what really amazed me was this engine was running when I took this photo.

DSCN0942.jpg

Can your grill be plated/re-chromed? All I have extra right now is the rusty 64 grill. I realize you know I have what you want, but since that thread that some ratsuners were discribing as "vile" and such, my plans changed for that vehicle now, so nothing will be sold off that vehicle in case I sell it, as it is complete.

No worries wayno,

That grille in your pics, as bad as it looks, looks almost similar to mine. Ollz

But I don't want to buy from someone who has one for something or someone who has it on hold for a reason. I'm looking to see if someone just has a spare one they dont mind selling.

No worries wayno,

That grille in your pics, as bad as it looks, looks almost similar to mine. Ollz

But I don't want to buy from someone who has one for something or someone who has it on hold for a reason. I'm looking to see if someone just has a spare one they dont mind selling.

The grill is really strait, but it is as rusty as it is strait. :( There really isn't much chrome left. :( Keep bumping this thread, eventually you will get a responce. Have you tried Tana?

• 2 weeks later...

hello everybody,

will help too.

if you have

hey bro dispensa que my bro never responded to you tex regarding that grill that you need. He still has it hangin on his garage. and its not that bad. still has chrome on it. let me shoot you his # E

me at (bluepit101@yahoo.com) ill take a pic of it myself and send it to you. We are ai stockton cal. I help you make it happen.

hey bro dispensa que my bro never responded to you tex regarding that grill that you need. He still has it hangin on his garage. and its not that bad. still has chrome on it. let me shoot you his # E

me at (bluepit101@yahoo.com) ill take a pic of it myself and send it to you. We are ai stockton cal. I help you make it happen.

No worries. Yeah, let me know and hopefully it works out.

I apreciate the reply.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.