Distributer wires

PinoyDat210

Hey everybody i have some leftover taylor wires from my dads 64 falcon project, i have enough to replace the factory wires in my 80's-210 but the boots aren't socket type like the fatcory ones. I was wondering if maybe the boots on the original wires are able to come off?, so then i could slip them onto these taylors. Being a little crusty from sitting all these days i didnt want to start yanking on them and completely ruin the wires and have to buy some new ones anyway! haha Its not an absolute must but improved flow on my ignition wires would be decent! :) And i dont really have the keesh to drop on some 80 something dollar wires, even though it would be worth it. Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everybody i have some leftover taylor wires from my dads 64 falcon project, i have enough to replace the factory wires in my 80's-210 but the boots aren't socket type like the fatcory ones. I was wondering if maybe the boots on the original wires are able to come off?, so then i could slip them onto these taylors. Being a little crusty from sitting all these days i didnt want to start yanking on them and completely ruin the wires and have to buy some new ones anyway! haha Its not an absolute must but improved flow on my ignition wires would be decent! :) And i dont really have the keesh to drop on some 80 something dollar wires, even though it would be worth it. Thanks

Rockauto.com

New set will run you all of $7 plus shipping.

Go to the wreckers or recycling yard and get good used genuine Nissan sparkplug/distributor wires. They last 30 years or more unless they get grease soaked or burnt.

It is very difficult (sometimes impossible) to remove the ends from factory wires. Some aftermarket brands come apart fairly easily.