76 B210 Carburetor

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually taking it to carbs unlimited tommorow!. i think they said about 250. Ill get some pics up soon!

OEM surplus: NOS around $150 with shipping for a slightly later model.

For $250 you can get a new Weber. Why rebuild an old carb for that price? Will the rebuilder gurantee it runs right? Or will it still be worn out?

Carb kit is only $25. Just blow through the passages with carb cleaner, set the float level and replace the top gasket. No need to completely disassemble the carb or use carb cleaner unless it has been sitting in the weather and has been corroded.

Ask for a direct replacement kit from RedLine. This will include everything needed to get it going. Expect about $300 but this gets you a new trouble free carb not some 30 year old, redneck rebuilt 4 times, worn throttle shaft vacuum leak, won't idle, missing parts, cracked adapter plate POS.

Ask for a direct replacement kit from RedLine. This will include everything needed to get it going. Expect about $300 but this gets you a new trouble free carb not some 30 year old, redneck rebuilt 4 times, worn throttle shaft vacuum leak, won't idle, missing parts, cracked adapter plate POS.

new..........? ollz
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help guys! i got my kit for 350 which is what the shop wanted for the rebuild. But my problem now is that the carb is too big and there are a couple things preventing me from getting it bolted down on the manifold. I checked around town for a riser of some sort but nobody had anything in stock and a few people doubted such a thing existed. any suggetions?

Looks like you bought the non-emissions version of the carb. You can still install it if you remove those two emission control devices.

* Solenoid with blue wire is the advance-cut solenoid. Remove it. Then connect the Weber distributor port to the distributor

* 6109b is the EGR valve. Remove and block the hole with a small piece of aluminum sheet (4 mm thick should do).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.