Head To Block Oil Seepage

atkinson40

I'm seeing a tiny bit of oil seepage between the head and block at the head gasket on the passenger side. The head was rebuilt and the block was flat. I've only put about 300 miles on the motor. Is this a retorque the head bolts issue?

IMG_6114.jpg

Going into the mountains in Mexico hauling cabinets for the house I'm building there to test the motor. Pony made the trip hauling a washing machine in fourth gear all the way without even breathing hard. I'll keep the speed around 50 the whole way. Hope we make it.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spray it down clean with carb or brake cleaner and check often to see for sure wherethe oil is coming from. Usually its the valve cover gasket. It can run down in one spot and travel sideways along th block/head seam. Take a good look at the oil sender below it too.

It would not hurt to retorque the head bolts. Might stop the leak. Was there a little O-ring with the gasket? If so that is for the oil passage.

Retorque with engine cold. All the gaskets I have replaced have a copper 'O ring' in the gasket material.