Not Charging 521

Driving to my GF house I notice my alternator/Cig lighter/Battery cker was reading low. drove around with lights on I was reading 9volts.

Just goes to show one should buy one of these or get a in car volt meter.

They work

the truck idiot light did not even detect it.Meaning I would have drove till the battery goes dead

will swap alternator 2morow

It works

http://www.equus.com/Product/Detail/9D1F54B4-F1D3-4C67-827E-91FE755F3483

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 521 has had the ignition on for the last year and was charging fine, as 510freak stated, by the time I realized it wasn't charging anymore it was to late almost, I had to push start it and everytime I stepped on the brakes the radio would die and the turn signals would quit, lucky it wasn't dark, I would have been walking. I changed the alt. and the voltage regulator, and it still wouldn't charge, so I gave up and used an internally regulated alt from a 1980 720 truck and used jumpers on the regulator plug to make it work. It's the first time in over a year that the charge light has been out while it's running. I put a volt meter in the truck the next day.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

well I changed the alternator NO fix

Changed the VR,still no fix.

I looked at the fuse to the left and it was burnt,

swapped another popped again.

I felt like Lt Dan telling Forrest Gum on the hospital bad floor." What Am I going to do now"????????

2wires from fuse box. cleaned, popped fuse again.

to make a long story short the blu wire with whiet strip would pop the fuse. It was a sending unit wire in a round about way /to the dash. So I disconnected that still popped fuse. disconneted that sender wire and the then removed the dash harness and then it charged fine. I reconnected everything then it worked fine.Believe high resisitnace connection in back of dash.

No idiot light came on.

I call it FM, Fucking Magic

lucky for my voltage indicator