Central Florida Fall Festival

I'm tired of California having all the fun! Please let me know on this forum if you would be interested in a gathering of old school Datsuns/Nissans and other old school Japanese cars in Orlando in early November.

The intent is to have a fall and spring event......I don't think it will be so big and full of props that one would drive two days to come, rather, I am hoping to offer something that unites this region of vintage Jap car owners.....I could see folks coming from Miami or Jax......etc or maybe south Georgia.....I just don't want to lead folks to think this is some big event and they make a huge drive to see that; that wasn't the intention....

My vision is just a Sunday event:

In the AM, we drive 25 miles ( caravan) drive or so......to a breakfast spot....

then, 25 mile scavenger hunt back.... and then, a car: open the hood type display....all over by 3-5 ish so folks can get back home.....

Please just post on this thread if you are interested and we will take it from there..... BTW I know that a mint original 65 Nissan Silvia would be there, as well as a 1600 roadster, 63 320 p/u, 64 411 wagon, and a 72 240Z. thats just for starters.....

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live on the west coast also so the chances of me showing are ............well none.

BUT if you want people to come or meet up you should make meet-up place known ( exact location ) and also a date on which you want to have it. Because i ( only speaking for myself here ) can`t go to anything on a whim. You could always change date to suit more people coming ..

Check out how Datdoug does it for his Tacoma WA meets .. HE tells you when hes going to do it and we try to move our schedules to accommodate.

Post pictures after so the locals will know they missed it and will try harder the next time to make it..

And add it to events section and bump it so people know your serious

More than one Datsun is still a meet smile.gif

Hey thanks!!!! I appreciate the advice!!!!! and I will follow it......Do u think i should start something on the Craig's lists for central Florida?

They have a venue where it looks like I could start a thread, so to speak......

I'll pick a day this eve. Thx again...

Wow! No responses.......very sad....I guess the west coast wins......

they allways do i used to live in the atl we all could set something up for spring in atl im totally down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8 hrs t0 atlanta i am down(miami is 16hrs to much)

I set up a website using a service called meet-up.com I called it the "Central Florida Vintage Japanese Car Club" (CFVJCC).

The URL doesn't seem to be working yet, but my bookmark does.

I picked Sunday Nov. 20 as the first meeting....they have a calender etc.

The URL is: www// meetup.com/Central-Florida-Vintage-Japanese-Car-Club/

As I get it going I will create a Ratsun.net link. This, is in no way meant to compete with Ratsun.net or NICO (which I founded) and which is now run by Greg Childs.

Rather, I, like many of you, need to keep it more local when it comes to gatherings....thus my endeavor. Thx! lets stay in touch!