17x8.5 on 71 510 Coupe

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is your last Warning Mike!!!! .. <_< .... . you need to welcome the noobs ,,,,, :lol:

you will need between 25mm-10mm spacers on the front depending on 280zx struts or 510 struts

I would reccomend 16's ........ and if you like the "stock camber" look ........ then get a some wider rear wheels

These are 16x9 -13 rear 225/45/16 ........... and 16x8 +12 front 215/40/16 ... with 1/2" spacers .... .. . I wish my 2dr was a coupe .... :unsure:

5143.jpg

5141.jpg

5119.jpg

This is your last Warning Mike!!!! .. <_< .... . you need to welcome the noobs ,,,,, :lol:

That was a welcome. A avoided a flame war by quickly removing the double post and offering helpful posting advice to avoid a reoccurred in the future. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh man don't go 17's that's TOO BIG I think...heck I'm on 16's on my 2 door and 15's on my wagon. I think the 15's are real nice size for a 510. 17's will make your 510 look like those DONK style cars you see around today!

IMG_6251.jpg

IMG_6146.jpg

Oh man don't go 17's that's TOO BIG I think...heck I'm on 16's on my 2 door and 15's on my wagon. I think the 15's are real nice size for a 510. 17's will make your 510 look like those DONK style cars you see around today!

so my car would be considered a DONK??? LOL

IMGP0643.jpg

18x8 with a 215-35-18s

I do agree that smaller wheels do look better 14"-16" wheels do look best on 510s. 16s would be the biggist I think I would go with BRE style flares

DONK DONK DONK...hahaha...JK buddy. Well it also depends on the drop, the ones I've seen in person look donked out!

At least they don't look like this!

Fiat-127-Donk.jpg

You'res are alright buddy...barely...JK! LOL

P.S. My 17" Panasports would look killer on your car, we'll have to put them on to see how they look for sure!

6bd5f741.jpg

I needed a 1/2" spacer to clear 510 struts with coilovers ,, and another 6-7mm to lower the coilovers that low .... 16x8 +12 ... 215/40/16

... 17" rims might hit the coilover perch more ... . . you might need between 15mm to 25mm ..... but I have never seen a 17" rim on a 280zx strut

With all those spacers, the tires will be hitting your flares in the front. and the back wheels will tucked in too far ... stock 510 steering doesn't like big front wheels