carrier bearing support bracket

But do you have a license in the State of Oregon?

Any comment made was from what I've heard in the industry, being in shops with licensed artists who are struggling to make an honest living.

i do not have a license yet got alot on my plate to get the money up for everything so i can get my license an certifications

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a shop portfolio?

Who are you doing your apprenticeship through?

How long has your training been?

i do have a portfolio i was being trained when i was 16 through a ex's uncle who was a apprentice right before he was hired an moved out of state i was trained for almost a year before i set ink in my own skin

i thought my post was removed i know people take a risk to even talk to me about ink i may not have the money to get licensed an i know its not legal but i take all precautions for doing ink grown up around tattoo artist been doing ink like this for 4 an a half years an not had one person have any infections only 2 allergic to ink one red an other blue moved onto better ink sense then would like to get the help to get into a real apprenticeship an be able to get my license an certifications for everything so i can do ink in this state i have a booklet over a inch thick of all the stuff i have to go through

But...by posting in on this forum, or anywhere-you put the liability in the hands of Ratsun. Not yourself.

By performing work without a license...That's just another can of worms altogether.

But...by posting in on this forum, or anywhere-you put the liability in the hands of Ratsun. Not yourself.

By performing work without a license...That's just another can of worms altogether.

i see well i thought my posting was removed awhile ago... you kinda cought me off guard though you might have been someone who knew me through someone i did ink on

i see well i thought my posting was removed awhile ago... you kinda cought me off guard though you might have been someone who knew me through someone i did ink on

No. I'm just married to a real tattoo artist, who has earned her way through the ranks. I've seen and heard more bullshit in this industry, than any other profession available.

We don't take S********* lightly. Its killing an art.

I've been to legislation meetings about licensing. I've been to many, MANY shops, and know quite a few renowned artists. Licensing may suck, but it is there to protect the industry, artists, and the customers. Without it, one is just a S********.

I will give you one tip if you ever do want to get in to the industry.

Do not tell your apprenticeship story. Real artists will laugh you all the way back to the kitchen.

I don't want to be a Dick to a fellow Datto owner.

And I apologize for that.

But this is something I'm in high regard about.

It affects my friends and family.

Sorry guy.

Wait.

You were told by a moderator that you could solicit tattoo work until proof of a license was provided.

And since you couldn't find that thread, you thought you'd try again?

Really?

No. I'm just married to a real tattoo artist, who has earned her way through the ranks. I've seen and heard more bullshit in this industry, than any other profession available.

We don't take S********* lightly. Its killing an art.

I've been to legislation meetings about licensing. I've been to many, MANY shops, and know quite a few renowned artists. Licensing may suck, but it is there to protect the industry, artists, and the customers. Without it, one is just a S********.

I will give you one tip if you ever do want to get in to the industry.

Do not tell your apprenticeship story. Real artists will laugh you all the way back to the kitchen.

I don't want to be a Dick to a fellow Datto owner.

And I apologize for that.

But this is something I'm in high regard about.

It affects my friends and family.

Sorry guy.

i totally undertstand where your coming from an would love to get help i have lost alot of business cuz of it. I dont like having to hide in the dark to be able to do something i love one of my goals in life is to have my own shop an be recognized for my artwork

Wait.

You were told by a moderator that you could solicit tattoo work until proof of a license was provided.

And since you couldn't find that thread, you thought you'd try again?

Really?

ok i got a little lost here i cant remember where it was an thought i only posted about doing ink once an havent sense then i may have said i will be doing ink go get money up for stuff done on my truck but not like the post i did with pics of my for like the one that was removed...i am so lost now i am just gonna stop saying anything about ink on here sorry to anyone an everyone who got the wrong impression i am not licensed an wont post anything about ink on here anymore hope this will clear anything up or help clear it up

Im glad you get it.

When you're behind the counter, you'll have even more love for getting. through it the right way, and will too, hate S********.

Work up a drawing portfolio and a seperate tattoo portfolio.

Go peddle yourself around town. Show everyone you can your drawings.

Never, NEVER mention that you do tattoos.

From the eyes of a shop owner, someone who came in the way you have can not ever be corrected of bad habits. You may not have any, buy a potential boss does not know that.

Remember, he will always know more than you.

And IF you ever get asked about having ever tattooed before, be honest.

He will find the truth, and if you lied to him-there goes your shot.

Study up on good practices, and proper techniques.

Invest in disposible tubes.

Be safe.

Im glad you get it.

When you're behind the counter, you'll have even more love for getting. through it the right way, and will too, hate S********.

Work up a drawing portfolio and a seperate tattoo portfolio.

Go peddle yourself around town. Show everyone you can your drawings.

Never, NEVER mention that you do tattoos.

From the eyes of a shop owner, someone who came in the way you have can not ever be corrected of bad habits. You may not have any, buy a potential boss does not know that.

Remember, he will always know more than you.

And IF you ever get asked about having ever tattooed before, be honest.

He will find the truth, and if you lied to him-there goes your shot.

Study up on good practices, and proper techniques.

Invest in disposible tubes.

Be safe.

i know about the tubes i have almost 1,000 of them an needles to match... i will start working on some drawings an see what i can get going on thanks for the tip

When all else fails, Vancouver is right there.

They are a touch more lax on the rules.

A major fallback for you is certified/continuous training.

Without so many hours in the classroom, you will never get your license.

Like I said, sorry for belting out the way I did.

Just be proper about how you do it.

Good luck to ya.

If I was still in PDX, I'd get you with the right people to pick their brains.

If this is your passion, it will happen.

Just don't rush it. Learn it correctly. And it will be so.