Ratsuners! I need youre help!

So, i was looking for ideas for my truck and i stumbled apon this picture

1008trweb_013+2010_streetdreams_truck_show_hawaii+datsun_720_truck.jpg

Its from Hawaii and i would like to know whats done to it. I would also like to know what wheels are on it, they look like Works to me. If someone knows the owner that would be even greater. I would like my 720 to have this stance.

So please if anyone could help that would be awesome, lets get my truck looking better:

2dri1co.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Truck needs lowering. Check out half way down this page... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/2105-datsun-faq-frequently-asked-questions-look-here-first/ You probably won't need to remove the torsion bars and index them, but there's enough info here to enable you to turn them down to lower the front. The reare you can by spacer blocks and longer U bolts and put between the rear leaf springs and the axle to drop the back.

Some problems with changing the ride height form the factory settings are the front toe in and camber will be affected. If too low this cannot be adjusted by an alignment shop an the tires will wear out or rub the body on turns and bumps.. In the back, lowering the body will affect the driveshaft angles and cause vibration. Something to be aware of.

Truck needs lowering. Check out half way down this page... http://community.rat...ook-here-first/ You probably won't need to remove the torsion bars and index them, but there's enough info here to enable you to turn them down to lower the front. The reare you can by spacer blocks and longer U bolts and put between the rear leaf springs and the axle to drop the back.

Some problems with changing the ride height form the factory settings are the front toe in and camber will be affected. If too low this cannot be adjusted by an alignment shop an the tires will wear out or rub the body on turns and bumps.. In the back, lowering the body will affect the driveshaft angles and cause vibration. Something to be aware of.

Yeah i just wanna know if thats the ONLY thing that would need to be done. I really wanna achieve this ride height, i finally think i have my goal after months of searching for ideas online.

i think that would look lowered, with smaller tires on those rims.

I am more than likely going to replace the wheels completely. Go to a Work emotion CR KAI or the rims in the picture from trucking. Most likely in white.

I see you have the '85 box on it. Nice I like them better. And the '81-'82 still say DATSUN on them.

Yeah, i have an '85 box on it. I've decided that the picture in the truckin' mag is how i want my 720 to look come next Summer so i can go to a couple shows in the area. Right now its sitting too high for my liking. I also may have to remove my wooden bumper too ahha.

"your" help, not "you're", grammar Nazi has spoken! ;) Nice looking 720. 6 spokes would look good on it.

Well that is embarrassing, shows how much a university education is helping me. I agree, however i've been having a hard time finding a nice set of rims to replace the Cragers so they stay for now...

Im also thinking of getting those side mirrors as well as i have less chrome on my truck compared to the one in the mag'. Anyone have an Idea of what they are?