219 sss cylinder head

As title states. I have a 219 sss head for sale. The sss l16 overheated and blew a head gasket so I removed the head with plans to go over the whole head. I ended up picking up a fj so all my l series stuff must go. I took the head appart so I guess its ready for a rebuild. All bits and pieces come in zip lock bags. Local pickup only. Asking $250. Ill post pix tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mobile device shows it... In case yours doesn't, im in the los angeles area... Yeah i'll post pix of the casting stamp and the intake ports. I also have the bottom end if anyone is interested in the whole sss setup. Its an l16 with flat tops. Price is obo. I also have the sss su round top carbs with oem blue intake filter.

• Like 1

Ok I just measured up the intake and exhaust valves and it is an early l16 sss head as it has 1.65" intake valves and the exhaust valves are 1.30" later 219 sss that came in the l18 sss were 1.65" intake and 1.38" exhaust. This head im selling is an EARLY l16 219! Pix are coming.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As title states. I have a 219 sss head for sale. The sss l16 overheated and blew a head gasket so I removed the head with plans to go over the whole head. I ended up picking up a fj so all my l series stuff must go. I took the head appart so I guess its ready for a rebuild. All bits and pieces come in zip lock bags. Local pickup only. Asking $250. Ill post pix tomorrow.

Ok I just measured up the intake and exhaust valves and it is an early l16 sss head as it has 1.65" intake valves and the exhaust valves are 1.30" later 219 sss that came in the l18 sss were 1.65" intake and 1.38" exhaust. This head im selling is an EARLY l16 219! Pix are coming.

Not been back since early Aug.

• 5 months later...