I need a 1972 "510" emblem with good studs, chrome for the rear of my dime! Need ASAP!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait.. what? Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you just say $125-$175 for re-pops? If so, I'm not meaning to step on anyone's toes, but this guy has them for $4.99 + shipping... might want to rethink making those at that price..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-510-Bluebird-Emblem-New-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem256620a764QQitemZ160627205988QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

yeah, those are stick ons. they are not like OEM. I'm talking about JUST LIKE OEM. with the studs and everything. I'm working with a friend of mine to remake some out of plastic like the ones in your ebay link. I should be in his ball park of price, I dont have to ship from the sand box.

So I need the rear "510" emblem that goes jut below the right tailight, must be chrome adn must have the two studs...anyone? :unsure:

Actually I don't worry about the tabs or studs. The holes for them are just another invitation rrust. I much prefer to mount them with black two sided tape like the new cars.

I'm actually working on having these reproduced...I'm around $125-$175

Holy moly...I bought a BNIB NOS one for less than that!

Holy moly...I bought a BNIB NOS one for less than that!

yeah..if I could find them I'd be buying them too. but my quote was for only 50. I'm making these from the ground up.... the price is one reason I have not gone ahead with the project.

yeah, those are stick ons. they are not like OEM. I'm talking about JUST LIKE OEM. with the studs and everything. I'm working with a friend of mine to remake some out of plastic like the ones in your ebay link. I should be in his ball park of price, I dont have to ship from the sand box.

Oh ok. Whew! I was thinking that much for AN EMBLEM. I think you'd be able to do well if you recreated a close replica and sold em for $10-$15.. assuming there is a high demand for them.

I'm all for recreating good parts for our cars. Way to go, man. Keep up the good work.

I have a plastic 510 emblem with the little studs rotary.

You can have it free, come by and get it when ever you want, I can send you a pic after work

i just texted you! text me back! :)

Actually I don't worry about the tabs or studs. The holes for them are just another invitation rrust. I much prefer to mount them with black two sided tape like the new cars.

You are probably very right Mike, I'll patch those holes up , :) gracias amigo!

• 2 months later...

I have one of the metal ones from a '69 with good pins. I think these are identical in form to the

later plastic ones. It has a five small/shallow pits on the front and a little of paint overspray at

the edges.

I just found a photo of it I can email to you (my email address is - cgr8818021@bluefrog.com ).

This one's not on my Flickr page.

$40 shipped.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.