Looking for rebuilder reviews

_A2_

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres alittle update on the motor I bought from Al (datsun parts llc) Heres what my guy rebuilding the motor had to say on the DMT forum about what has been found.

here is the good with the bad

1st the head was angle milled .15 from front to back buy Al's "reputable machine shop" and thats not good so my reputable machine shop corrected that

2nd the valves were all at different heights and some were sunken into the head and most of them were not even cut to the seats (ie 3 angle valve job) and a few of the valves were not centered in the guides my reputable machine shop has corrected that mess also

3rd the block deck was .04 out so a .05 deck cut was needed to clean that up

4th the bore was just a little tight and scuffed the pistons just a bit but the pistons are fine to reuse just had to "hone" the cylinders for a little extra clearance the rings had too large a gap again all corrected by my reputable machine shop

5th the crank was able to be saved with a .20 cut on the rods and a .20 cut on the mains but the thrust had to be welded up because Al's "reputable machine shop" cut it down too much when they first cut the crank

more to come as i am getting too ill while typing this and wanting to strangle who ever rebuilt this "performance engine" before i got ahold of it to do it correctly

to sum it all up this engine appears to have been cobbled together in somebodys basement outta junk parts by someone that didnt know what they were doing and miraculously it ran for a moment

its hard to believe Al wanted this engine to be installed by an ASE mechanic/shop to make his warranty valid when it left his house as cobbled up junk

if i were Al i would stop lying and selling junk engines to honest hard working people or find a different machine shop that can do the work CORRECTLY the first time..................

its time to go i am getting too mad more to come in a few days

• 3 weeks later...

Not gonna let this die out, I want buyers to know and be worned, heres something I should have looked into before I bought from Al (datsun parts llc) but look how many times this guy has changed his ebay ID, I guess to run from bad sales and bad feedback. More to come about the motor soon.

User Id.......................Effective Date................End Date

datsun-parts.............May-01-07......................present

ur-gelis......................Oct-21-04.......................May-01-07

bad-mfr......................May-12-03......................Oct-21-04

absolutely-ghetto.....Mar-03-03......................May-12-03

2602nv.......................Mar-20-02......................Mar-03-03

• Like 1