so, i may put this in my truck

Charboucher

well, a while ago I had a head gasket blow, and ever since then, It has ran ok, but smoked a little oil. maybe rings, seats, not sure, but I had a crap time timing because the chain slipped half way (didn't lose tensioner, BUT I I'm still trying to figure out what to do. I have this engine, just sitting there on the stand, waiting to be used. so I may just put it in my tuck now.just need to dust it off, and get all the trimmings for it (i have a few different intakes to choose from, and new weber (the one I am using though now works awesome. I'll use same one. I'll prolly upgrade the alt though.

IMG_3441.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, for example today I got up for work, warmed it up a bit before I left, pushed the choke back in, and no smoke, no problems, nothing. yesterday after work, I started it up, it was around 65 to 70 out, so i didn't choke it and I didn't let it warm up much, but i hopped on freeway, and it warmed up pretty quick, and when I would give it some gas (pretty hard) it would smoke a little bit and then also at speed (around 65) and I let off the gas peddle, it would smoke some, its sorta half white half blue smoke. Its been doing this off and on. and has never ran the same after the big blow out.....sssooooooo, I'm debating putting in the other engine. Do i need to pull tranny too, or can the engine be pulled by itself?

Getting it in is a bigger pain- the tranny never wants to line up.

OK if the tranny doesn't want to line up...what would you do Doug?..just slide the trans back about 3 inches or so, drop the motor in then slide the trans back forward??????????????????( damn, I do make that sound so easy, huh?) would that be the way to defeat the "line up problem?

thats a good question. I thought it looked like less work to get it out and in without the tranny. I'm willing to work with getting the tranny to line up, motor is already times, so once its all back together, sholdn't be to hard to get it started up i'd think. I might be starting next week. if I do I'll try to remember to take photos.

sweet yeller! I likle the black. with silver front. I thought about pulling another front cover I have on a spare l20b and having it chromed. alot of the little aluminum parts on mine have been hand polished. I have a offenhauser intake and I'm getting close to finished hand polishing it. the one on there is stock, but its been port and polished though.