IGNITION COIL WIRING AND SU PROBLEM

ANYONE has a picture of the way the electronic ignition coil and resistor rectangle should look on an L18?speficically, i want to make sure i connected the correct wires. there is a wire that has a "Y" to it and I am not sure where this one goes?

Also, my wiper motor is getting HOT with keey in the ignition ON, any ideas?

Also, my SU's are getting gas, now they have gas all the way to the bottom of each of the SU's but they won;t shoot gas up into the engine gas chambers. ideas? I need this car running ASAP! It has been sitting for at least 6 months.

Willing to pay someone to adress these issues!

Eddie :)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk if the wire colors are the same, but I got that resistor off a 75 dime, so..... Yes? A guess but an educated one. Id check wipers for ground, maybe ad one.

Edited by Noflagredbanner

Also, my wiper motor is getting HOT with keey in the ignition ON, any ideas?

Wiper motor is trying to complete its wiper motion and park at the bottom of the windshield. Once parked it should shut off. Seems like it's jammed. Lift both wiper arms off the windshield and see if they will move.

Also, my SU's are getting gas, now they have gas all the way to the bottom of each of the SU's but they won;t shoot gas up into the engine gas chambers. ideas? I need this car running ASAP! It has been sitting for at least 6 months.

You're saying that there is gas in the float chambers? SU's are unique in that they do not shoot gas. Other carbs have an accelerator pump to squirt gas into the manifold to richen the mixture when the throttle is depressed.