rear diff to low

salem x

hi everyone working on my 70 510 5 speed think its a b210 trans, going crazy on the freeways toping out at 50 mph some kind of singing noise in trans maybe throw-out bearing ? rear diff is super low wondering what should i put in it subaru maybee LDS ? with longest gear ratio freeway sweet ! any suggestions ? what years compatible 1970 510 i have access to a WRX 04 differential dont know if it will work. also a place to buy parts for my datsun thanks

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi everyone working on my 70 510 5 speed think its a b210 trans, going crazy on the freeways toping out at 50 mph some kind of singing noise in trans maybe throw-out bearing ? rear diff is super low wondering what should i put in it subaru maybee LDS ? with longest gear ratio freeway sweet ! any suggestions ? what years compatible 1970 510 i have access to a WRX 04 differential dont know if it will work. also a place to buy parts for my datsun thanks

Doubtful it's from a B 210 unless you have an A series motor in it as well as it won't bolt to any L series motor. If you are working on it post a picture of it so we know what it is. Whining is likely bearings in the tranny as the throw out bearing isn't moving between shifts with the clutch out.

4.375 gear ratio

4.375 is not low enough to top you out at 50 MPH. Not even close. At 50 mph in 5th you aren't even revving 3,000RPMs with stock tires. Larger tires and it would be even less.

Doubtful it's from a B 210 unless you have an A series motor in it as well as it won't bolt to any L series motor. If you are working on it post a picture of it so we know what it is. Whining is likely bearings in the tranny as the throw out bearing isn't moving between shifts with the clutch out.

4.375 is not low enough to top you out at 50 MPH. Not even close. At 50 mph in 5th you aren't even revving 3,000RPMs with stock tires. Larger tires and it would be even less.

13" libres on 205/60/13