KA24E.. Need help with some parts

I'm telling you guys, get a auto ecu and your done! simple as that. If ya dont believe me pm beebani,icehouse,nis720 i think he even ran a auto ecu when his truck was NA It just works. the efi is not difficult at all on a single cam ka especially if ya buy jeffs CAN/AM box it almost wires itself. Putting carbs on a ka is cool i will admit, but have fun tuning! Ive been a carb guy forever we have a love/hate relationship.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus......I understand what you are saying. However this is far from my first engine swap, and this all is too simple really, what I wanted was to hear the hard fact on why the mtx ecu wouldn't work, other than just the auto will work so why bother. After just a few moments browsing wiring diagrams, I see the pickup ecu I have will run it just fine.....no vss, no worries. I have no doubts in my mind that the atx ecu works. I have two ecus two harnesses and they both came out of rigs that ran perfectly, if I couldn't make them work, I have no business doing what I am doing.

Id almost bet money that the truck ecu and the 240 will have different maps its a whole different intake setup, but I'm no tuning expert when it comes to efi stuff. You can shoot icehouse a pm and ask him he might know. I have read quite a few times of guys having fuel cut rev limit issues with the manual trans ecus in swaps maybe they had stuff hooked up wrong,

Truck and 240 are both eccs systems. The truck simply has the maf built into the throttlebody instead of in the intake tube.. no doubt that the fuel mapping etc will be different, but sensor and input wise its all samey samey. I have it all figured out, I was just looking for some specific issues people have had. It didn't take long tooking at the way these work to figure out what a manual 240 computer looks for vs an auto vs a truck. No worries here lol! This is all childs play after you figuuure out how to bypass passkey security on gms lol!

• 3 weeks later...

i'm balls deep in this swap now. im gonna try the ecu i have, the 5spd that came with the engine/trans. should be within a few days. im waiting on a new radiator & fuel pump. what are you guys doing for the fuel tank? keeping the stock 620 tank? are you making a surge tank or anything?

unfortunately, my donor car was already crushed and i neglected to pull the tank. i'll have to look into the tank issue

next question, ive got a walbro 190lph inline fuel pump on the way... will the factory fuel pressure regulator work? or do i need to buy something else?

any suggestions on brand/type if i have to buy a new one?