Rust Effect, help

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to bad the Rusty Slammington went up in flames when the garage it was in cough fire

http://jalopnik.com/...stroyed-in-fire

M.Burroughs][/color]

I'm sure everybody's wondering what's going on, so I'll start with some back-story.

I had Rusty torn pretty far down because I was planning on some summer renovations, the main one being a shaved bay. I was also working on a new air management setup so I had the suspension off of the car sitting off to the side.

5560559374_ed38477c1a_o.jpg

In the middle of all this, I decided to get Ratty's old engine running while it was sitting in the driveway, all out of sheer boredom. I made a new wiring harness for the engine and during the starting process managed to hydro-lock one of the cylinders full of gasoline. I pulled the spark plugs to plunge the gas out, and while turning the engine over, the battery lead hooked up to the harness sparked. The fuel ignited and sent a fireball towards the garage. By sheer chance, the flaming gas landed directly on another 5 gallon tank of gas. The garage more or less exploded. It went up so fast that there was literally no stopping it.

5610054005_4cfbb20549_o.jpg

We're not allowed to enter the garage until the fire marshall clears it, so we aren't sure of the extent of the damage. All of the wheels that I own, except for the BBS Prototypes, were in the garage. The car itself looks pretty bad and probably isn't salvageable, but we won't know until we're able to pull it out of the garage. It's visibly damaged.

5610139436_ff8c6d0bcc_o.jpg

The bags on the suspension look to have burned up , and what little interior was in the car is toast. Judging by the size of the fire, heat damage has probably rendered the chassis of the car and the wheels structurally unsound. It doesn't really look like much in the garage itself survived, and the garage itself will have to be torn down.

5610139584_70ed391c11_o.jpg

We got Cory's car out before the fire spread to his side of the garage.

I appreciate everyone's kind words so far, but I've already been asked by several people if this is some kind of elaborate scheme to bring the car back again. If you think I'd actually burn my garage down, losing most of everything I own and risking the lives of others in the process, that's pretty sad.

http://vimeo.com/22223287

http://www.stancewor...ead.php?t=16717

:( ... Continuing indy's insane picture whore quotes. laugh.gif