Fuse box

lg2

I would like to put an alarm system in my car, power locks, along with a little cd player that will allow me to plug in my iPod. I also thinking of putting a bass tube with 3 6'9 and 2 smaller speakers.. I do not want to worry about my fuse box catching on fire because of poor wiring what should I do? I'm not really familiar with wiring so dumb it down please. Thanks

lg2

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your fuse box won't catch on fire if the wiring is stock. First make sure the battery cable still has the fusible link intact and that someone didn't replace it with regular wire.

You can add all that stuff with stock fuses. Only if you go high-power stuff do you need to upgrade

your fuse box won't catch on fire if the wiring is stock. First make sure the battery cable still has the fusible link intact and that someone didn't replace it with regular wire.

You can add all that stuff with stock fuses. Only if you go high-power stuff do you need to upgrade

High power stuff? I've just heard of ppls car catching on fire b/c of adding stuff with not enough capacity. Who do I trust to put this stuff in? The only place around here is best buy.

lg2

Dont do it.

a AM radio is the best. Nobody will mess with your car.

Plus if you dont know electrical dont do it. Youll just ruin the wiring ,seen this to many times.

I avoid 510s like this

I hate Am radio though. I'm a 80's baby.. lol

lg2

Just do it if you want to. Use an aftermarket fusebox mounted under the dash. This will allow you run all you new systems each on their own fuse. But dont just use the box of butt connectors and such you got from Home Depot. Do things right to make it look right. Run your wire where it makes the most sense, possibly where some stock wiring is already locate. Also when possible, twist your wires together to make them look like a bundle. For getting power into the doors use rubber grommets when you drill your holes; run some 8wire cable through this joint and splice on either side, 2 wires for speaker, 2 wires for door lock, 2 wires for windows if you ever do that, this will allow some future proofing.

Run the stereo you want. AM sucks, might as well have no stereo. Do this right to make it look right. As for being a target of crime, stop parking in bad spots, get an alarm if you are scared. You cant go through life not doing things because you are scared of others. If you have to insurance might be good too.

Yes, do it if you want to do it.

Most of us run stereos on factory Datsun fuse box without it burning up...

If you have 5000 watt stereo you should upgrade the fuse box.

If you have a 50 watt stereo there is no need to.

my thinking was the addition of power door locks, alarm system, and the bass tube he wants to add. None of those were in the original system (obviously) and therefor add a new fuse box for these, and while you are there, put the stereo there too. Just my thinking really.