Front brake hoses for Datsun 620!

Hello, this is my first post on Ratsun, I just did the front drums, shoes, wheel cylinders etc on my 620 and the hoses were shot. Since then I'm convinced Metric thread replacements simply to not exists. I've been to all the specialty shops in town, scoured the internet and almost ordered some from Singapore, but as it turns out they were SAE too. For the love of god, does anyone know where i can acquire these mystical, rare, seemingly unheard of replacement hoses?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, this is my first post on Ratsun, I just did the front drums, shoes, wheel cylinders etc on my 620 and the hoses were shot. Since then I'm convinced Metric thread replacements simply to not exists. I've been to all the specialty shops in town, scoured the internet and almost ordered some from Singapore, but as it turns out they were SAE too. For the love of god, does anyone know where i can acquire these mystical, rare, seemingly unheard of replacement hoses?

Rockauto.com or Napa

Also aren't the drum brake 620s SAE hoses anyways (3/8" 24 same as the 521)? Metric size should be 10mm, same as many other Datsuns.

It is so easy to find one, which makes me wonder why do people have trouble locating them?

The problem for me wasn't locating them, but realizing the ones the parts guy handed me were SAE and didn't fit the chassis properly. For awhile I thought it was me. Solved at Rockauto.

Thanks for the replies! all i ever found from the import shops and chain auto stores were 3/8 in thread, which will not fit the chassis and the wheel cylinders as tuscon said, but i tried napa (who i never go to, way out of the way where i live and usually never had anything id be looking for) and low and behold they had em, both standard and metric. Tried other datsun model hoses but i ran into length issues. I'm just stoked i can drive it again.

Thanks for the replies! all i ever found from the import shops and chain auto stores were 3/8 in thread, which will not fit the chassis and the wheel cylinders as tuscon said, but i tried napa (who i never go to, way out of the way where i live and usually never had anything id be looking for) and low and behold they had em, both standard and metric. Tried other datsun model hoses but i ran into length issues. I'm just stoked i can drive it again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.