Matchbox dizzy-Sold

Electronic ignition distributor. 

The matchbox dizzy comes with cap,rotor,timing plate,pedestal,wiring pigtail, and ignition wires (5 total). Came off a L20b

Trades welcome. I'm looking for a LSD, part# 722011000. Also looking for a linkage kit for a dual mikuni sidedraft setup.

Located near Fresno CA

ab7cfa95.jpg

2a220716.jpg

9996df87.jpg

8f85b2aa.jpg

41e362c2.jpg

981c4c29.jpg

c5703fb5.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the mechanical advance curve and the vacuum advance curve will be slightly different from other L20Bs ... but chances are your current L20B distributor doesn't have an optimum curve anyways. Should work about the same as your points distributor, but with a better spark.

I sold a few of em and got 90 shipped, but I included the proper coil.....something you will need to change w/ this setup. All in all I think it is a fair price, he did say obo as well :) you won't regret doing this and getting rid of your points that's for sure.

I sold a few of em and got 90 shipped, but I included the proper coil.....something you will need to change w/ this setup. All in all I think it is a fair price, he did say obo as well :) you won't regret doing this and getting rid of your points that's for sure.

Ohh, i have done it and dont regret it at all. I also have at least one spare. And i would happily let it go at these prices(w/coil too).

I put a '79 truck one in my '78 and promptly forgot about everything ignition. About 6 years later after always starting on the first bump is wouldn't. The carbon button in the middle of the cap was totally worn away and the remainder had (presumably) dropped out and there was nothing to connect to the rotor. I wasn't at home so I clipped a piece of fence wire and stuck it in the hole, shoved the coil wire in on top and drove home. Note to self: check the cap and rotor every 5 years. Truly they are almost maintenance free.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.