Cars and Cockpits - Datsun Day

fairlady66

Special Event

Cars and Cockpits

Attention: All Datsun Roadster, “Z” owners, 510, and Datsun Truck owners—SoCalROC is inviting you to join us for this special event—the first 50 respondents will enjoy “special parking” at this event. Please log onto: www.socalroc.net to register your attendance and the car you will bring. It is important to be sure to enter your name and email address to secure your spot.

The registration deadline is July 29th, 2011 at 12:00am. But don’t wait; an opportunity like this will fill up fast!

Lyon Air Museum, a premier Southern California showcase for vintage military aircraft and automobiles. August 7, 2011 is “Cars & Cockpits" Datsun Day, this event is limited to 50 exhibit Datsuns.

This event takes place from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 at the Lyon Air Museum facility, located near John Wayne Airport in Orange County. The Museum address is: 19300 Ike Jones Rd, Santa Ana, CA 92707

Datsun owners can compare their historic Datsun’s with the Museum’s own stable of vintage luxury vehicles, including a 1939 Mercedes-Benz Model G4 Offener Touring Wagon (used by the Fuhrer himself), a 1947 V-12 Lincoln Continental Cabriolet, and a 1941 Cadillac Series 62 convertible sedan (originally owned by New York socialite Princess Diane Eristavi). The normal fee for enterance to the Air Museum is a $12 donation, this has been discounted for all Registered participant to $9 for this event. This is the only required cost to you besides your lunch and other item you wish to purchase.

After this we will head over to the wonderful Crevier Classic show room just down the street from Lyon Air Museum, and then one of two things will happen; we will head over to the Acapulco Mexican Restaurant for lunch, or something really special which is being worked on will happen (we can’t share it with you yet because if it happens it will be a nice surprise).

Register for this August 7th event and get your reserved parking in the display area set aside for your Datsun. This is only open for the first 50 Datsuns that register. There are already 25 spots taken! Unregistered Datsuns will park in general parking area.

Log onto: www.socalroc.net now and be one of the 50!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris.

Do you have a list of cars that have signed up? I think I did but not really sure. I've signed up for alot of shows in the last couple of weeks.

Chris.

Do you have a list of cars that have signed up? I think I did but not really sure. I've signed up for alot of shows in the last couple of weeks.

John, Yes, you are registered with the only 510 on the list so far.

Hey checkout the socalroc website and see if you are interested in the K & N Show. I will be in Arizona that weekend finalizing details for the Grand Canyon Rally so I won't be there. Be nice if there was a good Datsun Showing though.

John, Yes, you are registered with the only 510 on the list so far.

Hey checkout the socalroc website and see if you are interested in the K & N Show. I will be in Arizona that weekend finalizing details for the Grand Canyon Rally so I won't be there. Be nice if there was a good Datsun Showing though.

I signed up for the K&N one also. :lol:

I signed up for the K&N one also. :lol:

Good! I hope they get a good showing of Datsuns at the K&N Show. Kevin and I can't make it to that one. We are coming back from Arizona that day. Going out to try and finalize a Multi-State Rally. The K&N Sounds like a good time though

There is still room for more Datsuns. There is only 1 - 510 registered and a couple of trucks, lots os Z Cars and Roadsters and a couple Bluebirds.

Get registered while you can. www.socalroc.net there is no registration fee

Its filling up!

15 Spots Left!

register at www.socalroc.net

As of July 11 there are 37 Datsun signed up, we have space for 50. There are 13 Z Cars, 13 Roadsters, 4 510s, 4 Trucks, and 3 "Other" Datsuns. It would sure be nice to have more 510s, Trucks, Blue Birds or "others" and of course more ROADSTERS!

www.socalroc.net sign up now!

A BRE 3 Champions T-Shirt signed by Peter Brock will be raffled off to registered participants

at 11:30 where the cars are parked - Raffle tickets will be $2.00 each

(Winner will receive gift certificate to order from to guarantee correct size shirt)

A couple of other items may be raffled as well

All proceeds go to help support the 4th Annual SoCalROC Show & Shine Toy Drive

• 2 weeks later...

As of July 11 there are 37 Datsun signed up, we have space for 50. There are 13 Z Cars, 13 Roadsters, 4 510s, 4 Trucks, and 3 "Other" Datsuns. It would sure be nice to have more 510s, Trucks, Blue Birds or "others" and of course more ROADSTERS!

www.socalroc.net sign up now!

A BRE 3 Champions T-Shirt signed by Peter Brock will be raffled off to registered participants

at 11:30 where the cars are parked - Raffle tickets will be $2.00 each

(Winner will receive gift certificate to order from to guarantee correct size shirt)

A couple of other items may be raffled as well

All proceeds go to help support the 4th Annual SoCalROC Show & Shine Toy Drive

I was just sent this and I was asked to pass it on to you regarding the Cars and Cockpits Datsun Days at the Lyon Air Museum. The Duesenberg exhibit at the Lyon Air Museum is held over for Datsun Day! August 7, 211 will be the last day for this exhibit. This is Great News, Duesenberg and Datsuns, what a great exhibit!

There is still time to sign up, 10 spots left!

Registration is free!

4 days left to sign up and 7 spots remaining. This is going to be a great day with 50 Datsuns on display, vintage Aircraft, and Duesenbergs.

At ther end of our time at Lyon Air Museum (11:30) there will be a drawing by the Datsuns for BRE 3 Champions T-Shirt signed by Peter Brock - donated by BRE. Raffle tickets will be $2 each

Log onto: www.socalroc.netand sign up to be one of the 50 Datsuns! Registration is FREE

4 days left to sign up and 7 spots remaining. This is going to be a great day with 50 Datsuns on display, vintage Aircraft, and Duesenbergs.

At ther end of our time at Lyon Air Museum (11:30) there will be a drawing by the Datsuns for BRE 3 Champions T-Shirt signed by Peter Brock - donated by BRE. Raffle tickets will be $2 each

Log onto: www.socalroc.netand sign up to be one of the 50 Datsuns! Registration is FREE

There are a few spots left! Registration ends tonight (Friday 7-29) at 8:00pm

www.socalroc.net to register!

hehehe You mean this signature? ;)

IMAG0282-1.jpg

Thanks again Pumpkin!

Yup! Except it will be on their most popular T-Shirt, the size you request and you can have him personlize it or just sign it and it will be mailed directly to you from him.

Registration for Cars and Cockpits - Datsun Day at the Lyon Air Museum has closed!

Thank you to all that are participating in this event.

For those that did not get to register you are still more then welcome to join us, you will need to park in the General parking area and you will not need to be there by 9:30am. We invite you to join us for the day.