WANTED 1966 datsun pickup TITLE

Mike, the "Chassis Number" is the VIN per definition. True, it's not the 17-digit ISO-standard VIN, but the "Chassis Serial number" was called a VIN as early as 1954, though no standard was set until 1981.

In addition, trucks don't have the "Serial number" or VIN on the firewall. That's a unibody thing, generally cars though some Unibody "Trucks" have them too. That's why a 411 would have a firewall chassis number. Vehicles with true frames have the VIN/Serial number on the frame itself.

I will note that the chassis serial number (VIN) is also on the dataplate screwed to the firewall. Of course, those have a tendency to disappear since they are removable.

The screw on VIN plates were used in 1966. Here is a pic of my 1966 520 and you can see the plate screwed to the fire wall.

1963DatsunPickupthedayIgotit2-20-13.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in oregon all u need is a bill of sale

I know the post im posting about, is old. BUT. There are some measures you can take in oregon, however if the truck was last reg'ed out of state. Tough luck! They refuse to deal with out of state lost titles. Bill of sale wont work, its gotta have a signed title.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.