Headgasket

Alexandme

Hello everyone, I just signed on here hoping to help a friend out. His 1969 1600 roadster has been sitting in his garage for twenty six years awaiting his return with a head gasket ????

The real story is I'm going to help him get reaquainted and motivated to his project. It has an excellent body and interior and has had the motor refurbished to the point where all that was needed for completion was the head reworked and new head gasket set .....which brings me to my first question for this forum.

Where is a good place to start looking for parts including of course that needed head gasket set ?

If I can start finding stuff for him maybe I can get him on here and aquainted with people that he can share interest and parts with. I think he also has two parts cars in storage.

Any help with this endeavor is greatly appreciated...Thanks...Alexandme

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Payen distributed by Repco part numbers FJ090 or FL093 are complete gasket sets. Every gasket, and of the best correct configuration, to completely rebuild a 1600cc type R engine. The differences are in extra gaskets to accomodate late metric vs SAE engines. Doesn't matter! either set will rebuild your RL411 engine, you just might have a few "what the hell are these" gaskets left over. Local auto parts shops can order. Mom and Pop shops will give better service. Whitchever you buy, you will most likely have the thermostat gasket set for the roadster version . If yours is the 1969 model roadster, you will have the 5 main bearing metric thread engine. Payen gaskets have "proper" copper O-ring gaskets on the water passage to the upper head. Nissan late model gaskets omit these, they will eventually leak into the number 1 cylinder.

• Like 1