Datsuns rolling?

Not sure if I am posting this in the right spot, but whatever. Been gone from here for a few months dealing with divorce, moving etc. I did however get my reg. For canby done and will be making the 500 mile trek from bonners ferry idaho to canby. Rollin through spokane to tri cities then 84 to portland etc. We are leaving Friday morning, and just wondering who might be looking to caravan, and what times you guys might be leaving. Or if you see a yellow 77 longbox on titans feel free to flag us down. The more the merrier can't wait to experience the show for the first time! Bill.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Yea master worked awesome, having 4 wheel disc on the truck is amazing! That is my boston terrier, Virgil. He is actually my dads dog now lol, but I just finished restoring the 521 and he was just sittin by it so it became the perfect photo op!

Bill

aesome glad to hear, yeah I couldn't tell from the pic what kind. Me and the girlfriend just picked a French Bulldog puppy

well hopefully see you at Canby

Not sure, that's why I made the post.......I'm an hour and a half from ya, so what time are you leaving? Saw ya a couple months ago tearing off montgomery heading to spaldings, I was in a lifter electron blue dodge dakota, just about turned her round to come see ya but was running waaay late. So yea what time you figuring on leavin? Could even meet up thurs night lol

I was just looking at google maps, given Spokane to Canby, I'm figuring 7 hours to get there going at 60-65 with some stops for lunch, gas, whatever. I'm going to be rolling 60-65 mph because that's the best mileage I get, plus there's no reason to push the envelope, I'm going to be enjoying the scenery, maybe stop for some photo ops, etc. That and I'm driving the truck, she isn't a race vehicle...yet! :D

What time do the gates open for camping? I think someone posted that in the Canby thread? Skib? I figure on showing up around 5 or 6 to set up camp, so if we left Spokane at 11:00, that would give us plenty of time. Maybe even earlier if you want to hit up any places for photo ops, like that Stonehenge down by the border, can't remember exactly where that is, but I think we drive by it. (Hermiston?)

Was I in the 510 when you saw me?

Yea you were in the 510! Leaving spokane at 11 sounds bout perfect for us. Might even be down in spocompton cda area on thurs night. Yea the 620 is gonna be about a 65 mph situation too, I can do bursts up to 90 if needed but I can watch the gas guage go down when I do that. Your time frame sounds bout right, as I used to make that trip to salem alot

That's going to be a bit farther along than we are if we leave Spokane at 11am. Spokane to Hermiston is about 3 hours which would put us there at around 2pm. You should arrive fashionably later to Canby so we can rendezvous.

I. Replied to both of you. Matt, I told him the soonest we could be there would be 130 and that would be scootin a bit. I think if we met in boardman, or around 2ish we could fuel up, relax before rockin the gorge. I hope it all works out because it would be sick as fuck to have a good line up of dattos/nissans. What about camping, matt are you camping?

I hear ya. We want to be there about 4-430. Chester has to check in and then head up to Puyallup for his sisters graduation. However :D , me and Wide14u have no plans except for Canby!! That would be sick as hell havin a bunch of dattos rollin down the eight four!!

I. Replied to both of you. Matt, I told him the soonest we could be there would be 130 and that would be scootin a bit. I think if we met in boardman, or around 2ish we could fuel up, relax before rockin the gorge. I hope it all works out because it would be sick as fuck to have a good line up of dattos/nissans. What about camping, matt are you camping?

We will make it work!! This whole weekend will be EPIC!!

Agreed jayden, not sure if matt is stuck on the 11 am start time, I'm down for whatever, we should try to make it work so we can all keep in touch in the days before its go time. We will keep this thread up for others in the area who might meet up. Not sure if anyone up north here is going, as matt is the only other guy who isn't going with me who lives in the area.

Yep, I am camping. You can be in our Datsun old farts group Bill! :D I'm up for leaving a little bit earlier if you are Bill. Why does Chester have to check in? Didn't he pre-register?

Yep, I am camping. You can be in our Datsun old farts group Bill! :D I'm up for leaving a little bit earlier if you are Bill. Why does Chester have to check in? Didn't he pre-register?

He don't have to check in early, its just that our camp site is in his name. And then he boogyin up to Tacoma.

You want to leave at 9 from Spokane then Bill? That's not getting you up too early is it? I'm easy for whenever, I have the week off before this event, so I'm going to get everything ready to go, drop off the dog at mom and dad's on Thursday, and hopefully should have everything else loaded up and ready to go by then.

Nope 9 am works amazing for me, not too early as most likely we will be in cda on thurs night. Awesome sounds like its working out great. I have a campsite for two nights, so I am not sure if they are assigned or we get to go whereever, but it would be nice to be close to folks I know, but I am sure good friends will be made! Is the no booze thing more of a guideline than a rule? Cause I'm thinkin about going to montana and getting some everclear for some jungle juice lol

It's pretty much a rule, but I think as long as you don't behave like an ass, I doubt anyone will know? I figured if anything we can walk to a local bar from the fairgrounds or something. Skib, are you reading this? Are there bars close to Canby if need be? I'm not a big drinker, but I'm not opposed to it either.

I also am not a big drinker, actually havent hardly had a drop in 6 years, but i have a finalized divorce, get to go camping and a datsun road trip and just want to know if i can unwind with a beer or two, or if there are gonna be camping nazis who will write you up. i am not into getting sloppy loud and disrespectful......even though matt you are the old man you got 6 months on me LOL