Gutted interior oic thread

I've decided to leave my roadster's interior gutted and want some pictures for ideas, so I figured I'd start an OIC thread on gutted datsun interiors. I'm still weighing out the parts but I think I've saved almost 90lbs from interior pieces, don't have the seat weight so can't be 100%

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw in a street registered drift car once, the carpets were split into 3 parts to cover the floor, they were thick and had a backing similar to a floor mats so the entire carpet was removable in a minute or so for when you wanted, but to reduce a little NVH and make it slightly more comfortable you could throw them back in quick if you wanted

i thought it was a cool idea :D

i saw in a street registered drift car once, the carpets were split into 3 parts to cover the floor, they were thick and had a backing similar to a floor mats so the entire carpet was removable in a minute or so for when you wanted, but to reduce a little NVH and make it slightly more comfortable you could throw them back in quick if you wanted

i thought it was a cool idea :D

I think that is a good idea, but I bedlined my interior so don't have to worry bout carpet.

Why not take the dash, frame, and all OUT of the car, and fab up your own dash out of super lightweight Aluminum? Thats gotta be good for some serious weight reduction.

My 210.... not a lot to see here. It's gutted but I'll get moar oics tomorrow...

Z31 power seats, Prosport gauges, etc.

DSC_0205.jpg

Edited by metalmonkey47

Why not take the dash, frame, and all OUT of the car, and fab up your own dash out of super lightweight Aluminum? Thats gotta be good for some serious weight reduction.

My 210.... not a lot to see here. It's gutted but I'll get moar oics tomorrow...

Z31 power seats, Prosport gauges, etc.

DSC_0205.jpg

I'd planned on getting a piece of carbon fiber and copying the look of the low top roadster dash, have RCI Baja lowback seats already and planning a 4 point rollbar.