Lung "Association" Calls for Phasing out of Petroleum-fueled Combustion Engine by 2025

its the same with new diesel trucks, my dad got a new dodge and it has that urea stuff in it.. it really does suck

so far only CA does this?

as far as i know it only applies to CA. i really dont see how any of this crap is supposed to save or help the environment. on top of all that the guy that got all this nonsense pushed into law was a fraud. they found out later he had bought his degree off the interwebs from a man wanted for child molestation that has since fled the country. and just when you think it cant get any worse, do you think they fired the fraud? nope. he was demoted but is still employed by CARB (California air resources board)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as i know it only applies to CA. i really dont see how any of this crap is supposed to save or help the environment. on top of all that the guy that got all this nonsense pushed into law was a fraud. they found out later he had bought his degree off the interwebs from a man wanted for child molestation that has since fled the country. and just when you think it cant get any worse, do you think they fired the fraud? nope. he was demoted but is still employed by CARB (California air resources board)

WTF!

I've had people tell me that the urea is for the particulates that come out of diesels. you know the one we all love and associate to REAL trucks.

The most polluted US cities (By particle pollution)

1 Bakersfield, CA

2 Los Angeles, CA

2 Phoenix, AZ

2 Visalia, CA

5 Hanford, CA

6 Fresno, CA

7 Pittsburgh, PA

8 Birmingham, AL

9 Cincinnati, OH

10 Louisville, KY

10 Modesto, CA

12 Charleston, WV

12 Cleveland, OH

12 Steubenville, OH

15 Huntington, WV

15 Indianapolis, IN

17 Detroit, MI

17 Houston, TX

17 St. Louis, MO

20 Hagerstown, MD

21 New York City, NY

22 Dayton, OH

22 Lancaster, PA

24 Knoxville, TN

24 Parkersburg, WV

24 Philadelphia, PA

24 York, PA

The 25 cleanest US cities (By particle pollution)

1 Cheyenne, WY

2 Santa Fea, NM

3 Tucson, AZ

4 Great Falls, MT

4 Honolulu, HI

6 Anchorage, AK

7 Albuquerque, NM

7 Amarillo, TX

9 Redding, CA

10 Salinas, CA

11 Bismarck, ND

12 Boise City, ID

13 Billings, MT

14 Cape Coral, FL

14 Flagstaff, AZ

14 Fort Collins, CO

14 Palm Bay, FL

14 Sarasota, FL

19 Claremont, NH

20 Port St. Lucie, FL

20 Rapid City, SD

22 Duluth, MN

23 Fargo, ND

24 Bangor, ME

24 Burlington, VT

24 Orlando, FL

ozone and particle pollution monitoring sites in 2007, 2008, and 2009.

its funny you guys bring up dirty diesels, i'm gonna have to put particulate filters on my big rig so its not so dirty by the end of the year. at a cost of $17000.00. who do you think that bill is going to get passed on too? not to mention my fuel economy is going to go down along with my hoarse power which in turn will put me on the road longer... now lets see, im gonna get worse mileage along with use more fuel due to time on the road... and also these particulate filters have to be burned out roughly every thirty hours with uria and then once it does its cleaning mode it all goes right out the stacks anyway. in a nutshell just expect everything a truck touches or moves to get a hell of a lot more expensive... and one more thing, by 2015 i have to replace the truck all together so it will be up to new smog standards.

The company I drive for has a bunch of those new trucks with upeea tanks. Can't stand that shit!! My friend has a '11 Pete and can go about 4000 miles on his tank of upeea. You either have to buy it in the boxes at the truck stop or stop at our yard in Nampa and Twin Falls, he hates it. They don't get that good of fuel mileage either. My truck is a 2010 but it has a '99 engine in it, so I actually do belch black smoke every time I shift :D

I want my god damn hovercar!

Btw: i think that list is full of crap, needs to be based on population per square mile... nobody lives in wyoming, agriculture is huge in most of those citys, and all there are in ft collins colorado are diesels and drunk broke college students on hipster single speed bikes.