Help me ID my brakes/struts

It comes time for new brakes on my 510 wagon. When I bought it, I was told they were 280z struts. After a couple trips to the parts store, I can't figure out what they are. The pads aren't square like a 510, but they are smaller than 280z/zx. Can anyone help me??? Thanks!

My link

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a big difference between 280z and 280zx struts and brakes. 280z wont work on a 510 so its very doubtful that you have those, and your pics look a lot like 280zx. if you asked for 280z pads than go back and ask for 280zx 1979-1982? That's what they look like to me...

There is a big difference between 280z and 280zx struts and brakes. 280z wont work on a 510 so its very doubtful that you have those, and your pics look a lot like 280zx. if you asked for 280z pads than go back and ask for 280zx 1979-1982? That's what they look like to me...

INo, I originally asked for that era of 280zx, because that's what I knew as the familiar swap. These have that similar shape but are smaller.

It comes time for new brakes on my 510 wagon. When I bought it, I was told they were 280z struts. After a couple trips to the parts store, I can't figure out what they are. The pads aren't square like a 510, but they are smaller than 280z/zx. Can anyone help me??? Thanks!

My link

Do they look like these?

710strutupgrade004Large.jpg

710strutupgrade002Large.jpg

The one on the left...

1TBexternalharddrive006Large.jpg

Just bough the same pads you show in your link last weekend. Has the bump on the caliper side.

Its an '84 Maxima goon strut. They are relative to the ZX strut because both cars are built on the same platform and share many of the suspension and drive train items. The Maxima is really a 280zx but with a different body. The Maxima rotors are a few mm smaller diameter and the calipers are different. This was likely done by Nissan to keep the 280zx unique and apart from the Maxima.

• 2 weeks later...