KA24de into 210 wagon auto

edgar

hey people. im new to this site and the datsun world and although i've googled and asked under the KA thread no one's got a direct answer to my question. all i find is 510 info. im pretty much trying to figure out if the KA drops and bolts right into the 210.. and what the wiring would be like. got some idea about the wiring from the 510 setups but im not sure if it applies to the 210 at all.

anyhow, its a 79 210 wagon with automatic transmission that i've got. its got a blown block so im either looking for the stock a14 for it or seeing what the KA swap has to offer since i rebuilt one not too long ago and have it as an option. the KA runs strong and sounds so smooth! and since i took it completely apart and rebuilt it myself, im way more comfortable swapping that in than a junkyard a14.

well, if anyone can offer me a link or some useful info and advise on the specifics of a KA swap into a 210 i'd greatly appreciate it. in the meantime, the car needs paint and some body work so that'll be my main priority til i get any info on the swap. i guess i can post some pics whenever i take some.

thanks in advance.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Direct bolt in? No.

There are quite a few 210's on here with KA's in them.

Go look in their corresponding section; i.e. search.

not so helpful when your key words dont really tell you what you're looking for. so if it doesnt just bolt up what needs to be done? customize the mounts of course but would i be customizing the 210's mounts or the KA's.. and in what manner? i know theres clearance issues with the oil sump in 510's but what about the 210..

like i said, im new to this site and navigating isn't too hard but knowing a couple of people would help and i dont know anyone here. and im willing to research but like i said.. i dont really find what im looking for.

something a little more helpful would be nice. thanks.

'

'

not so helpful when your key words dont really tell you what you're looking for. so if it doesnt just bolt up what needs to be done? customize the mounts of course but would i be customizing the 210's mounts or the KA's.. and in what manner? i know theres clearance issues with the oil sump in 510's but what about the 210..

like i said, im new to this site and navigating isn't too hard but knowing a couple of people would help and i dont know anyone here. and im willing to research but like i said.. i dont really find what im looking for.

something a little more helpful would be nice. thanks.

If you had even looked in the 210 section...

I don't own a 210, that's why I don't have an answer for you.

But Indy was nice enough to do the searching for you of what needs to be read.

and that im grateful for as im already on those links and asking away. but the dude's thread is the same dude i email a couple days ago with no reply yet. thanks anyway for the input.

I could be mistaken...but I think I read somewhere that an L series drops right in.

Maybe someone else knows the answer to that.

I'm sure as shit you'll find someone willing to trade an awesome L for you KA.

That L alone would be a huge improvement in the power department over the A series.

Just find yourself some manual parts and you'll have one quick whip.

The specialiasts on Datsun B110/B210/B310 KA swaps are over at Datsun1200.com. In fact there is a whole article on it with pictures, and many discussions.

nice. thanks.

for the L series to go in, I think you need the rare crossmember that was made for the L

Think I read that some time ago

jeff

thats cool but im looking into the KA swap.

you're CB7 stock?

Edgar, I have *never* seen a step-by-step guide for swapping a KA24 into B110/B210/B310. So while there is information out there, it's not complete Guys just generally explain what they did, and are using different ways of doing it. Please take notes and photos of your swap and share with us!

You might consider KA Engine Swap at datsun1200.com. Everything it talks about for B110 goes for B310 too, only B310 is bigger so therefore easier.

B310 is wider, a bit longer than B210, but actually lighter and with a 4-link suspension. It's a great little car.

KA in B210 (same as B310 only narrower)

1738.jpg

KA shoehorned into B110 (even narrower yet). B110 is 1640 pounds.

1830.jpg

Edgar, I have *never* seen a step-by-step guide for swapping a KA24 into B110/B210/B310. So while there is information out there, it's not complete Guys just generally explain what they did, and are using different ways of doing it. Please take notes and photos of your swap and share with us!

You might consider KA Engine Swap at datsun1200.com. Everything it talks about for B110 goes for B310 too, only B310 is bigger so therefore easier.

B310 is wider, a bit longer than B210, but actually lighter and with a 4-link suspension. It's a great little car.

KA in B210 (same as B310 only narrower)

1738.jpg

KA shoehorned into B110 (even narrower yet). B110 is 1640 pounds.

1830.jpg

nice info. really nice engine pays too! thanks for the inputs people. i'll be seeing where this goes and taking pictures along the way. i'll keep you guys updated. thanks again.