Tire fitment Question

Ok so I've noticed some guys on here are running 18"s on their 620's. My question is what size tire?? Would a 245/45/18 be too tall? I've got the factory 195/75/14 right now. I ran the numbers through a tire calculator and the 18"s would only be 1.2" taller.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Run stock 14s or 15" chev/ford 6 bolt rims for more tire choices and caliper clearance. If you want people looking at your rims instead of your ride then go with the 19s. Running 14s says "I'm too cool to care what others think". Do not look back.

hahahaha I'm sure not tryin to impress ANYONE that"s for sure. I just so happen to have a set of 18" tires in my garage. I was only thinking about running the 18's just because of the traction issue with the KA swap and because they are free and in my possesion already.

Come on now 18's are no where near "donk" status!! I've seen a truck or two on here with 18's on them and I personally think they look pretty good. Besides there are only a handful of 620's running around where I live. I think you could count them on 1 hand and I personally know 2 of the other guys LOL.

I was going to put my 19" riversides on my 620 for the hell of it. 19x10 19x9 :P

3kb3ob3l95T45Q45R1b4t821b78bbb6fc1f17.jpg

But anyways, if you have traction issues you want wider not taller, if you just want more contact area for better grip.

Plently of six lug wheels in 8-12" wide

I was going to put my 19" riversides on my 620 for the hell of it. 19x10 19x9 :P

3kb3ob3l95T45Q45R1b4t821b78bbb6fc1f17.jpg

But anyways, if you have traction issues you want wider not taller, if you just want more contact area for better grip.

Plently of six lug wheels in 8-12" wide

oh yeah thats why I was lookin at running the 245's much wider then my 195's and height isn't too much of an issue being they are just over an inch taller

No, i mean you're going from 14s to 18s why go with a bigger wheel? 245s? What's that a 8 8.5" wheel?

You can easily fit a 9-10" wheel under a 620, super common to find 15" wide wheels, and 15" is the most common wheel size which opens up plenty of tire options.

It's your truck do what you want, were just here for advice we won't make the decision for you.

Personally i don't like rubber-band tires and it's a truck so if you use it as a truck i'd rather have that extra meat on the tire for support and less chance of damaging the wheel.

No, i mean you're going from 14s to 18s why go with a bigger wheel? 245s? What's that a 8 8.5" wheel?

You can easily fit a 9-10" wheel under a 620, super common to find 15" wide wheels, and 15" is the most common wheel size which opens up plenty of tire options.

It's your truck do what you want, were just here for advice we won't make the decision for you.

Personally i don't like rubber-band tires and it's a truck so if you use it as a truck i'd rather have that extra meat on the tire for support and less chance of damaging the wheel.

well like i was saying i just happen to have the 18's in the garage. But most likely (more like most definitely) I will be running the 15" pathfinder chromies just not sure how wide of a tire i can fit on those without them looking like balloons.