First 510

Bunchy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am working on getting the clutch stuff figured out and i plan on getting some rota rbs in 15's but dont know what offset or what. someone find me some 280zx struts!

Pick-n-pull in vancouver has a zx in it! I grabbed the struts and rotors, but left the calipers there.

Ill go with you if you find a zx at a yard, it really makes it easy if you have 2 people at the yard.

key is Money.

Car is fine the way it is.

Get clutch. Most like its a 200mm and a stock clutch is 90$ from daiken for a 510. If you want better get a Roadster pressure plate or the SPEC stage 1 SN201 for about 200$.

Most like youll need a new master and slave if going with e Roadster or SPEC pressure plate as they can blow out the clyinders. So more money!!!!$$$$$$

Next just lower it by cutting the springs I say 1.5 loops right off the bat and see where that puts you. then adjust the back so it looks right with lowering blocks run the stock hubcapsuntill you get figured out what you want.

find a front bumper.

get e eleltric ignition if you dont have one already

Dont be a DUMBASS.

Seen alot of nice wagons that were solid and rust free go to the dump cause the kid took it apart or wanted to do a rewire job . Then cant put back together and goes to shit.

Hope this one dont go that way.

Nobody is trying to make you feel bad but we have all seen a ton of projects get started without a solid plan and end up torn apart and sold on craigslist. the wagon I am parting out is a perfect example. original paint low rust 77,000 mile car. torn apart for irs swap and RHD swap, never finished, sold with out a title and missing lots of parts, on craigslist. It never should have been cut up but nobody wanted to take on the project. if the guy left it alone and just did minor mods it would have been saved. your car is nice and we don't want to see you get overwhelmed. baby steps.