MY73 Wagon

ehime

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no deal they didnt come white they came grey like what you have the empty spot on the dash is for optional tach or clock you dont have ether so you have the delete plate the hole in the exhaust manifold is for the heat tube that goes to the airfilter

Cool thanks for the info on the "mystery hole", I was definitely curious. Any pictures of the dash clock/tach that came with the 73?

I might try to have a face created to use, and gut another speedo and shove in different internals. So I guess the first order of

business is..... Weather sealing, anyone know what I can use to start sealing the car? There was a small lake in it when I saw

it the first time around, I want to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

BTW what does "forum" think of the car? Good condt? Good price? Rare find? Things I should know? People I should speak

with for parts, info, or swap ideas? Thanks for the welcome, great to be here!

Any pictures of the dash clock/tach that came with the 73?

RareParts007.jpg

OEM In Dash tachometer (24855-U2000) for 1973 Datsun 610.

I might try to have a face created to use, and gut another speedo and shove in different internals.

You will need either a clock or a tach to place the internals into. The speedo and temp/fuel gauges are all one assembly, the tach or clock is completely separate.

BTW what does "forum" think of the car? Good condt? Good price? Rare find? Things I should know? People I should speak

with for parts, info, or swap ideas? Thanks for the welcome, great to be here!

The car is a steal at $150. Does it run? You are missing some trim, but that shouldn't be of any concern. It all depends on how you want to build it. You can run a rivet rod look, and pull all of that trim in favor of rivets, hog out the gauge pods and run Autometer gauges. I had an old Sunpro tach on my steering wheel trim for a long time until I found my tachometer. It all depends on what you want from the car. Station wagons are rare, but not as rare as the sedan and nowhere near as rare as the coupe.

Sweet man! Looks like a cool project! pretty much what I have been looking for! And you got it for a rediculous price!!! Hope to see more of this project!

Sounds like 610 wagons are somewhat becoming a trend for the "Old School" datsun fans.

RareParts007.jpg

OEM In Dash tachometer (24855-U2000) for 1973 Datsun 610.

You will need either a clock or a tach to place the internals into. The speedo and temp/fuel gauges are all one assembly, the tach or clock is completely separate.

The car is a steal at $150. Does it run? You are missing some trim, but that shouldn't be of any concern. It all depends on how you want to build it. You can run a rivet rod look, and pull all of that trim in favor of rivets, hog out the gauge pods and run Autometer gauges. I had an old Sunpro tach on my steering wheel trim for a long time until I found my tachometer. It all depends on what you want from the car. Station wagons are rare, but not as rare as the sedan and nowhere near as rare as the coupe.

Didn't run, but should be running in the next few weeks, I'm going through the car now to see what all is

missing. You have an example of the rivets you're talking about?

You have an example of the rivets you're talking about?

I will have to see what I can find...the member is on here, sublimedatsun610. His car has the rivets and painted j-lines. I like it, but I also had my stainless trims, so I went for restoration, not modification.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My girl and I just bought a place in Seattle with a garage, the wagons in storage right now until we move.

I picked up a lot of ....... stuff..... for it already, wait till we move this coming Monday and get settled, and

you guys can start seeing stuff happening with it,.

My girl and I just bought a place in Seattle with a garage, the wagons in storage right now until we move.

I picked up a lot of ....... stuff..... for it already, wait till we move this coming Monday and get settled, and

you guys can start seeing stuff happening with it,.

WIN! Did you get the parts I sent?

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I currently have all the trim that was missing (including shopping guard trim from nose to tail),

lights (two sets of rear lights), and new wipers.

Bring my car home here in the next week(ish)! Very stoked to put it in my own garage finally.

The G/F even gave me the greenlight to start working on it (as long as she can buy furniture at the same

time of course ;))

Short story made long, the guy that I had taken it to do a little work decided a little work was worth more than expected, and at a storage

rate of 100$ per day. Yeah, f**k you you dirty...... Anyway, got it outta the lot, have it at a good storage place right now, turned it on, turned

it over, noticed a little knocking but I would assume that that is the bad gas....

I need to drain it when I can and put in something fresh.

Plans have been (if you haven't been listening to me prattle on facebook) is a VQ swap, so am keeping my eyes out for an engine.

Not sure how well it will fit though so, who knows if its a reality yet. Worst case is going KA or FJ. I hear the FJ's have higher torque

ratio, correct? 180 FLbs TQ / 150 FLbs HP or something correct?

One big thing before trying to drive it to Seattle is to make sure none of my wires are frayed and want to catch on fire, I would be one mad

boy.... Other than that parts are coming in regularly.

Hoping to pick up a better rear bumper here soon, I know a guy that has one that's in worlds better shape than mine (which isn't hard...)

Still looking for front fenders, mine are about toast =( please! anyone! sell me some 73 fenders! price is a non-issue!!!!

Will let you guys know when it comes home!

I wonder who suggested the VQ...??? :rolleyes:

As always, I will keep eyes peeled for '73 front fenders, but I may have an offer you cannot refuse...call me when you get the chance ;)

Good to hear this is moving forward, and we appreciate the updates :)