Driveshaft Carrier Bearing

daverino

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may just need the rubber donut part. The bearings very seldom wear out. The donuts can be purchased at Rock Auto for $18.75 They are Beck/Arnley part #101-3460. They are an easy press fit on the bearing.

You may just need the rubber donut part. The bearings very seldom wear out. The donuts can be purchased at Rock Auto for $18.75 They are Beck/Arnley part #101-3460. They are an easy press fit on the bearing.

That part number says that it fits the 80-86 720 trucks.

It works on my 78 620 KC. I guess you would need to pull the shaft and check the OD of the bearing.. I believe that I have the same drive shaft in my 620 as I do in the 720. This donut fits the large carrier bearing. I believe it is 1.810 on the OD of the bearing. This donut (101-3460) has an ID of 1.810 which is almost 2" ID. If it was me, I would pull the short shaft and make sure that it would fit before ordering. Maybe some of the other guys on here with the 620 will pitch in and comment.

I looked up the center support bearing on O'reiley"s web site. They show the same bearing for the 78 620 and the 80 720. It's the national bearing #88506 and it gives the dimensions as bore: 1.1811 in. (30 mm) and the OD as 2.4409 (62 mm). This donut 101-3460 should fit these bearings. The posting above was wrong when I stated that the id of the donut was 1.810 but I got my dial calipers out and checked the new one that I have. The ID where the bearing presses in is 2.440. If your bearing is the one with the 2.4409 (62 mm) OD then these would work.