Head And Pistons

atkinson40

I put some engine flush in and am running the motor a couple of times a day to circulate per directions. I can't drive it yet because I'm waiting on the center link that goes across the bottom of the oil pan to come in. I also need to bleed the back brakes because I replaced a wheel cylinder that was leaking. I removed the massive back bumper that was on it. Looks cleaner now.

Question:

Is there any better air cleaner options? The stock one seems to cover everything up and I can't see WTFs going on under there.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the center bar on. Adjusted the brakes a bit.(still need to bleed the back brakes) Drove the monster to the gas station to put in some gas. I've never driven this beast so I don't remember what it was like to ride one. My first impression is it's one bouncy bitch. And that's on paved roads. I can imagine banging my head on the roof if I was on a dirt road. I heard squealing coming from the front tires so imagine I need to tweak the toe in. How do I adjust this? Also is it supposed to be so bouncy? -K

It pulled the hill next to my house in second so maybe the motor is OK. I need to do the tuneup stuff. Still not confident in the carb. baby steps

PS. Got my civic back from the mechanic and turned out it was only a slow leak in a H2O hose not a blown HG. Over 200k on that little motor.