Grrrr. 411 door latch broken, dammit.

The little latchwheel in the door striker (the part in the door) snapped today, so my driver door won't close.

Anyone have a spare one on an old door?

Thanks!

-Greg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The little latchwheel in the door striker (the part in the door) snapped today, so my driver door won't close.

Anyone have a spare one on an old door?

Thanks!

-Greg

hi, I probably have lots of those...seems common for the 410/411 door latch parts to break...seemed like I fixed one somewho long time ago...would need a pic or scan from the parts book to know exactly what you need. Is it the wheel in the latch assy that you need? Got lots of those from 411's...owned many 411's.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fixed it!

There's a tiny (but strong) little spring that maintains tension on the pawl that engages the lockwheel... it broke.

HELL of a time trying to find one that would work (has to be a very small diameter, but also has to maintain quite a bit of tension). I wound up making it work by fabricating a rod to extend the mounting point for the spring upwards, then securing a larger-diameter spring higher in the door. Should work fine for years to come.

Fixed it!

There's a tiny (but strong) little spring that maintains tension on the pawl that engages the lockwheel... it broke.

HELL of a time trying to find one that would work (has to be a very small diameter, but also has to maintain quite a bit of tension). I wound up making it work by fabricating a rod to extend the mounting point for the spring upwards, then securing a larger-diameter spring higher in the door. Should work fine for years to come.

good job!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.