portland transmission car show 2011 (May 7th)

stretch

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we gonna' get grief from all the american muscle guys? I don't want to drive up and get rolling eyes and have to argue to get a parking spot for my 70 521. has anyone been to one of these in a Datsun before? I can't guess how i'd react if I drove out and someone told me my truck wasn't worth showing, but I know it wouldn't be good for anyone.

Are we gonna' get grief from all the american muscle guys? I don't want to drive up and get rolling eyes and have to argue to get a parking spot for my 70 521. has anyone been to one of these in a Datsun before? I can't guess how i'd react if I drove out and someone told me my truck wasn't worth showing, but I know it wouldn't be good for anyone.

Who cares? If they flick you shit, give em the Ratsun salute and keep on rollin'. The cool guys are the ones that will give you a thumbs up; the rest are just a bunch of haters.

1260147606282.jpg

I love going to the local shows(I live in a small town) and pulling up next to the Chevy guys. Alot of them can't even compose themselves :lol:

Most importantly, though, don't be a punk-ass. Be respectful, no burning out in the parking lot, no getting sideways, and don't talk shit.

Okay, cool, I should be able to make it. just have to clean out a fuel tank, and replace my leaking rusted through one. olls, "the ratsun salute", yeah, i'm an expert at that one. My punk ass days are behind me, I like american muscle, just Datsun is more my thing, I'd never spit gravel at a classic.

A Honda Civic- with a roof rack!

P5070863.jpg

For the wagon guys

P5070850.jpg

P5070849.jpg

P5070848.jpg

1937 Chev Custom Extended Cab

P5070859.jpg

P5070860.jpg

P5070853.jpg

GASSERS!

I don't think I've ever seen a NASH GASSER!

P5070854.jpg

Austin 10 gasser?

P5070855.jpg

P5070856.jpg

1936 Chev Sedan Delivery

P5070857.jpg

Early 50's Studebaker Truck

P5070851.jpg

As I woke up before the butt crack of dawn, went down to the Portland Transmission car meet alittle wet but not bad. The meet is open to cars from 1900-2011. Portland Engine Rebuilders next block north on Hawthorne open house all day with FOOD! Good Time!