WTF is wrong with my car

ricky

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coil is in the trash along time ago so I'll pick one up for 200sx today. And try that. Is it possible I burned up my matchbox? Before datsun I was into old American cars the bigger coil ment bigger spark wheich made them run better. So I assumed datsuns would be the same never new you could burn up a dizzy

old American cars the bigger coil ment bigger spark ??

thats old thinking. new coils are small. The chevy ones fit inside the distributor cap. Most is filled with oil and insulation to appear to be big.

I put the SUPERCOIL on ,the BIG one and I couldnd tell the difference. I think the weight gain took the extra power!!!!!!!!!!

The Matchbox was working for months. Well could just be a bad ground on the Matchbox.

valve lash timming or other stuff.

The Accell superstock is not better than a stock 510 coil.

Just look cooler as they come in chrome or yellow. I have had them aalso and run them with the ballast resisitor.

I wont buy them now as I seen they are made in China. I just try not to buy China. Trade Deficet is too big!

ground the matchbox good ,and do the TDC thing so youll have the rtor pointing on number # 1 plug where its supposed to

I mean bigger as output not size ????

I knew what you ment!

Like have big guns but got little weiner.

Dogs that Bark ,dont bite outside their fence

Put the Matchbox IN with a 79 200sx coil(NO ballast resistor) and that should fix it.Just going buy what you said.

Of coarse Im just Arm chair trouble shooting.

also the staement about american cars. YOu could get away with the wrong coil more as you have 8 cylinders plus alot of those old cars might have a resisitive wire instead of a ballast resisitor in series with the circut

Lol nope I won't my car runs great I need to adjust timing a little more cuz there car runs a little after shutting off. I actully made a plate to use the ponts pedestal out off billet aluminum I will post pictures later just invade some one needs one

so here is how i made my dizzy work

first i started with these 3 things

photo17.jpg

photo16.jpg

photo15.jpg

then there was lots of measuring, trying to predict the path of a curve was difficult

once the program was made i ended up with this

photo14.jpg

photo13.jpg

photo12.jpg

photo11.jpg

now that we know it works we are working on making it look nicer and remove any unnecessary metal

it looks similer to the points one but the distance and angles are diffrent which allows for full adjustment using a l16 points pedestal and matchbox carb. i dunno how many people end up with that combo but if any one needs one i could have another made in about 20 min

alot more people than you think end up with that combo.

was this matchbox in a running car that you owned? if so where is the pedastal? Unless you had this Matchbox in a pile of parts or something .

As for the deiseling try the expensive highest octane you can find. In wash here its mostly 91.

Oh by the way it look good the plate. I would think you could make a generic 4 sided type to work on both the l16 and L 20. Use 2 sides as your doing then make the other 2 side for a L20

also make the slots just a little bit longer

The match box wasoff l16 the pedestal for that one was even further off. We are going to try and make one that allows for 360 degrees of adjust ment and if I can get ahold of some other common dizzys and mounts we would attemp a universal one.