stupid question....

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your biggest problem here, is that 5 speeds are no longer cheap like they used to be. People never rebuilt their old ones, and just replaced them instead, throwing the old ones away. Just over the last 5 years 5 speeds have become a LOT harder to find for a reasonable price. Going rate for a known good one is around $250 lately. We have a local Z friend who sells every one he gets his hands on for that price. No more $100 transmissions.

Second, the dogleg is a great transmission. I drove one for years with an L18 SSS motor, never had any issues. You'll actually learn to appreciate the shift pattern rather quickly, and prefer it after a while.

Third, nowadays it's almost better to just get a bad transmission, and rebuild it. Solves 2 things: now you KNOW it's good, and you'll be saving another one from the scrap heap which betters our Datto community in the long run.

2eDeYe' date='21 April 2011 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1303439706' post='463785']

I want some better pic's of the engine stand tranny adapter :cool:

Until i get some more pics, its really simple 2 pieces of square tubing with 5 holes, 1 for top bolt, 2 side bolts and 2 bolts holding it to the stand