wtb valves for W53

Anyone have some valves that will work on a W53? I pulled the head off the goon and it has at least one burned valve, exhaust on #1 (right where the in/ex gasket was blown, go figure) But i have low compression on #4 also so im guessing they are toast...

Lemmy know

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you cant find used, consider calling R.J.Templeton in Portland. Super cheap prices with Datsun parts in stock and they ship too.

I got everything for my motor from them about 60k miles ago, nothing has failed yet.

I might, gotta dig the head parts out of storage

what size are they?

I might messure the valve I have a bag o old l valves . Don't forget to buy some lapping compound and the little suction cup tool

Thanks guys!

1.65" intake valves and 1.38" exhaust valves according to olddatsuns.com information on the W53 head. My brother in law has the tools to relap the valves

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping to the top.. Skibby, let me know what you have for 1.65" intake valves and 1.38" exhaust valves and ill paypal you for shipping

If ya got nothing that size its cool man, ill probably just call up the shop yello mentioned.

W58 is a round exhaust port but shoul be same size valves and as the later Z cars.

42mm

38mm

I do have a W53 that is a 42mm in and 30mm exhaust. but most are 42/38

Eh? well both are loose. Ill get out a tape measure and see. if so that would be f'ing sweet. i could have the w53 rebuilt in a day...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.