anyone done this?

Charboucher

I was wondering if anyone has set up a push button start? so that you still need the key in on position, and use the button to push start. maybe tacky for some but I kinda like them if they are done nice. I am trying to figure out witch two wires need to "touch" with button switch. anyone know?

oh, my truck is a 78, but I think the last guy that had it used a 79 wiring harness. so i don't know what colors the two wiores are.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just a guess but aren't all nissans the black with yellow stripe for the starter? I've had a few push button start rigs. Usually because the ignition is broke.

I plan to use a windshield washer switch and a couple of relays... with an seperate cutout...:D ...still in planning stage...

Try and hotwire that!! :cool:

Maybe get rid of that stoopid dash light dimmer switch and put it in there.

maybe don't post online how to bypass your starter kill

a relay that gets its main power switched from the ignition will only allow the starter to crank after the key is in the ON position. Then just run power from that relay to the starter solinoid. Its not difficult.

a hidden button is good as well. Then, take the factory starter wire that is still hooked up to the ignition switch and run that to your horns or a horn of some sort so when they do try to hotwire or use a Datsun key it will just blow the horn each time. This is of course in addition to a standard alarm but I know none of you install those. :D